cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to URGENTLY speak to someone from Plusnet

NK93
Hooked

Need to URGENTLY speak to someone from Plusnet

I purchased an 18 month broadband contract over the phone 10 days ago and I did not receive any email confirmation although I paid by providing my credit card details to the sales agent over the phone. I cannot log in to my account as it seems he did not accurately write my email. I immediately called Plusnet after half an hour from paying but I haven't been able to get through. I’ve been trying to call them for the past 10 days with no success and no one can solve the issue from the live chat. I need to URGENTLY speak to someone at Plusnet. Anyone can advise what to do next? 

11 REPLIES 11
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Need to URGENTLY speak to someone from Plusnet

@NK93 

Firstly, has your credit card been charged? Secondly, Plusnet should send emails to both your nominated account (if you have one) and to the default postmaster account associated with your account, or do you mean that you think the new contract is actually associated with the wrong account (or to another username than the one you created) rather than just that the agent took down the wrong email details ?

This would be better posted on a forum other than "Chat" so that it is picked up by a Plusnet staffer. I'll prompt a forum moderator to move it.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from General Chat to Accounts / Billing.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
NK93
Hooked

@jgb @Strat 

Yes, it has been charged. A member of Plusnet staff created my account over the phone but it seems he typed a wrong email so I haven't been able to login to my account for the past 10 days. Plusnet is supposed to set up my broadband in a couple of days. I'd really appreciate it if someone can reach out to me from Plusnet. 

NK93
Hooked

Any feedback? What can I do? 

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@NK93 

Despite my username I'm a customer like you (just so I don't give the wrong impression).

If your PlusNet order has been taken and processed but the wrong email address has been recorded perhaps there's a way to check at least some things.

Presumably when you placed your order you specified a username (account name) and password.

If so you could try logging in to the portal at https://www.plus.net/member-centre/home using those credentials.

If that's successful then go to https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search and choose 'Closed Questions in the last 30 days' and have  a read of them, which although they might be a bit confusing they may give you an idea of what's happening (they may also include comments saying the information has been emailed to you - albeit you think the email address is not correct).

You could also go to https://www.plus.net/member-centre/account/details where you might be able to edit the email address.

HTH and good luck. Smiley

jgb
Champion

@RobPN 

If it is only that the wrong email has been recorded by Plusnet, then your solution should work.

But if as I think from earlier posts the problem is more complex in that the Plusnet staffer has made an error when setting up the account and so the username that @NK93 wanted to be set up is not the username that was entered into the Plusnet system by the staffer. However there should still have been an email sent to the customers own email address (assuming they had one prior to sign up) as well as to the postmaster address associated with the new account. If there was no existing email account then the customer does need Plusnet to pick this up and sort it out.

NK93
Hooked

Is it always like that? It's been 11 days. I've been trying to constantly call them and the automated message always says that they have a high number of calls. Is there any other way I can get in touch with them?

jgb
Champion

@NK93 

Unfortunately Plusnet made the decision to stop the ticketing system and then its successor the live chat system. The only means available are the phone or these forums or social media (Twitter and Facebook).

Have you tried phoning the Customer Options Team (rather than the all encompassing Customer Services number) who are basically the sales team and whose number is usually less busy? The number is 0800 013 2632.

Otherwise, you can raise this as a formal complaint which does allow a ticket to be opened. See the bottom of this page - Complaints Code of Practice, then select How to Complain about broadband etc, then Help Assistant. You still may have to wait a few days for a response to that.

NK93
Hooked

Worked! Thank you!

Whitaker100
Dabbler

Good luck with that one pal. Unless u can take a day off work to sit and wait for them to answer the phone you've no chance!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for your post @NK93

I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had.

If you can drop me a PM with your account username we can look into this for you 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team