cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice on house move

jamiekerk

Need some advice on house move

On saturday i am moving house i contacted plusnet and they say its going to be 5 weeks before im up and running at new house.
They are blaming this on the line not having a active line and blaming olympics for not having engineers avalible.
Im currently studying online through open university and am unemplyed so i need the internet to look for work.
They say theres nothing they can do to speed it up i need some advice i dont want to switch as i dont want the hastle but i am not prepaird to wait 5 weeks.
Also when i asked about bill they said i still need to pay it even though im without phone and broadband for 5 weeks. Cry
So i need some advice as im getting no service from plusnet at all.
They say no over provider can do it quicker but as im without it for 5 weeks i might as well cancle the lot and switch to a cheaper provider.
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Need some advice on house move

The 5 weeks is something you are probably stuck with as the work needs to be done by BT Openreach for all suppliers.
Once you are up and running the normal practice is to credit the payments you made while off line.
The only way you will get the internet in the meantime is via a mobile phone (expensive) or to use a wifi hot spot (or a pub or coffee shop with free wifi)
LukeAger
Grafter

HI Jamiekerk. There are some delays we are facing at the moment with appointments for connecting new lines, it is true that this is partially to do with the Olympics.  Sad
Sadly, as we share the network with almost all other providers we are all at mercy to the same engineers availability, meaning that both ourselves and our competitors will only be able to offer you the next appointment that BT can do in the area, which should always be the same date.
If you call the team or PM a staff member your new address we might be able to double check if anything has changed for you. Sometimes we do manage to secure cancellations and bring dates forward but of course this can't be guaranteed.
Quote from: Oldjim
Once you are up and running the normal practice is to credit the payments you made while off line.

For the period of time you are without service I can look to get the service charges reduced. You can either call our team to arrange this or if you PM me your username I can take care of this for you  Smiley
jamiekerk

Thank you for youre call today luke it was much apreciated if you can confirm in a email or via a ticket the new time that would be great.
jamiekerk

Is this how your customers get tret you said 16th first then called me back and said you couldnt do that and then said 25th and then thats cancled as well and you didnt even have the nerve to ring and tell me this time just sent me a email, this is the last day i have internet acces and i wont have a phone line for 5 weeks at this rate so i cannot phone up to get this sorted. This is just a joke i either get a solution today or i am cancleing the lot, as all you guys are doing is stressing me out.
I am moving house which is a stressfull time and you guys are not making it easier.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry of the frustration here but as Luke said in his earlier post we can try and bring the appointment date forward but in no way can we guarantee this. He's trying to sort this out for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
LukeAger
Grafter

HI Jamiekerk
After we spoke earlier the appointment we tried to book for the 16th of august was rejected as this appointment was booked while we were speaking. Sadly there was no way for us to foresee this during our telephone call. I called you back and explained I had been able to request the 25th August which I am still hopeful to book for you. These appointments are not confirmed straight away by BT and so I am currently monitoring your account to ensure this is confirmed.
I am sorry for any confusion caused however we are doing everything we can to resolve this as soon as possible for you. 
jamiekerk

cancled my acount person who delt with that was extremly rude and slammed phone down
LukeAger
Grafter

Quote from: jamiekerk
cancled my acount person who delt with that was extremly rude and slammed phone down

I am sorry to hear that Jamie. I had just checked your account and noticed you had decided to cancel the housemove order. I will speak to the agents manager and feedback your comments, They will then have a listen to that call and take appropriate action. I really am sorry if the agent was rude, This is not something we expect of our staff and is certainly not considered acceptable.
I will cancel the new line appointment you booked with us however if you change your mind please do not hesitate to contact us. Our team would be happy to rebook your appointment for you at any time. Hopefully without such a long lead time from BT Sad
jamiekerk

Quote from: LukeAger
Quote from: jamiekerk

I am sorry to hear that Jamie. I had just checked your account and noticed you had decided to cancel the housemove order. I will speak to the agents manager and feedback your comments, They will then have a listen to that call and take appropriate action. I really am sorry if the agent was rude, This is not something we expect of our staff and is certainly not considered acceptable.
I will cancel the new line appointment you booked with us however if you change your mind please do not hesitate to contact us. Our team would be happy to rebook your appointment for you at any time. Hopefully without such a long lead time from BT Sad

Yeah i know there was nothing you could do you tried your best couldnt ask for more you was spot on but o well nothing more could be done so i wasnt left with any choice.