Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need restrictions lifted pleased

Cazlizzy
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Need restrictions lifted pleased

Hi could I get someone to lift restrictions pls. I cant even get to banking or plusnet site.

thank you 

7 REPLIES 7
jbv

Re: Need restrictions lifted pleased

We are the same.....any microsoft sites are unable to be accessed!!! everything else works fine. 

This applys to all our devices and is not a setting on the router.

Cazlizzy
Rising Star

@Townman any chance to can help please. 

I should add my bill was only due 13th and the restrictions went on 14th. My pension isn't paid in till early next week...but I know we get 14days grace.  As it is i cant access the plusnet site or my banking facilities which is why I am asking.  Thanking you in advance  

wakeman
Aspiring Pro

@jbv 

The microsoft sites issue is being discussed in another thread on these forums. Seems to be an issue with the IP address you are allocated to connect to PlusNet.

Take a look at: https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Unable-to-access-any-Microsoft-sites/td-p/1771295 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@Cazlizzy wrote:

@Townman any chance to can help please. 

I should add my bill was only due 13th and the restrictions went on 14th. My pension isn't paid in till early next week...but I know we get 14days grace.  As it is i cant access the plusnet site or my banking facilities which is why I am asking.  Thanking you in advance  

Hi @Cazlizzy 

First to be clear, I am just a user like you and I have no means of changing your situation.  That would be down to a staff member such as @Gandalf 

The supper users have failed payment issues under discussion with Plusnet at the moment.  Whilst there are recognised issues for some users who have fallen into failed payment, for the majority, having either a direct debit or payment card registered on the account, to pay invoices when presented, totally eliminates situations similar to this.

Payment is due on presentation of the the invoice.  There is no 14 days "grace" period as many believe incorrectly.  If a user has no automatic payment facility in place then their account will fall into failed payment as soon as the invoice is raised.  

On days 1-13 of failed payment, users should get a reminder splash screen which invites them to pay, which they can acknowledge and continue browsing.

On the 14th day of failed payment browsing restrictions will be applied and they will probably need to phone to pay.  However as in the current circumstances, many agents are working from home, that might be problematic, for agents working at home are not permitted to process card payments both for the user's security and PCI-DSS rules.

When you say that the bill was "due" on the 13th, is that the day the invoice was raised ... or the date that you believe you do not have to pay until because of a belief in a 14 days grace period?  It is down to users to manage their cash flow to pay bills when presented.  If a different billing date would make managing their cash flow easier, then the user portal (under manage my bill) allows users to set their own billing dates.  Expecting a supplier to defer receiving payment is akin to expecting them to take a bank loan on behalf of the user who needs an extended cash flow ... or their own overdraft arrangements.

As above, the decision of availing help here is a matter for Plusnet staff.  The above explains the failed payment process and options available to avoid these inconveniences.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Cazlizzy
Rising Star

@Townman Ah..sorry I thought it said you were staff and usually they just sort it .Thank you for your response anyhow.

I had an e-mail telling me to pay within 14days or restrictions would be imposed. this implies a 14day grace....and just for info i usually pay with a few days.

@Gandalf If you are available could you sort this for me please.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Cazlizzy,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you on here and for any inconvenience that the restriction has caused. I have raised this over to our billing team and have asked that they enable to account so that you can use your services as normal. This should be completed within the next four hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Cazlizzy
Rising Star

@EmilyD  thank you so much, appreciated Smiley