Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help ASAP

Matin
Dabbler

Need help ASAP

Hi,
I got this e-mail from my current provider (Be) regarding PlusNet moving the line too early?
" Looks like something's gone wrong! BT have told us that there is an ongoing cease order for your landline.
The cease date is 28/10/2013. Please check with your telephone provider what the reason is and contact us on 0808 101 3430. Please bear in mind that if our service gets disconnected, we may need to charge you a £25 re-connection fee as we'd need to send a BT engineer to your local telephone exchange.
All the best
Everyone @ BE"
Can you guys tell me if you are doing so?
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Need help ASAP

Hi,
That won't be due to anything we're doing as you're not transferring your phone service to us, just broadband.
If BE provide your phone service it's them you'd need to speak to about this, unless as hinted by the message from BT that you pay them for your line rental.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Matin
Dabbler

Well I don't have my phone with BE that's why I am a bit confused because I am not changing my phone line.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
In that case have your existing phone provider advised of anything? We've placed an order to move the Fibre service but nothing else that I can see on there, it'd definitely be worth asking them if anything's been done from their side.
Having said that our migration order is due to complete on the 28th but that won't cease the landline?
Matin
Dabbler

I really don't know - I talked to BE and apparently everything is good on their side? I guess we will have to wait and see.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Who is your phone provider?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Matin
Dabbler

BT.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
As I suggested above, you should ask your phone provider about this as the cease is on the phone line. If that's BT, have they been able to advise of anything?