Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a little help re: moving isp

FIXED
Stevef1
Grafter

Need a little help re: moving isp

Hi, I think I've posted this in the correct area, apologies if I've not.

My question is this, I am planning on moving isp how do I go about this, Do I need to ask you to close my account or do I ask my next isp to contact you?  I'm not sure what to do.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Need a little help re: moving isp

Fix

@Stevef1 All broadband switches are 'Gaining Provider Led' - in other words, you tell whoever it is you want to move to them, and they do the tranfer for you.

Just check you're out of contract with PN, though, or you could end up with charges you may not be expecting.

John
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@jab1 is spot on. Did it myself recently. Just contact your new ISP (I filled in an online form) and they do the rest. Didn't even have to contact anybody. I got a letter from PN saying sorry that I was leaving etc. Very easy process.

As well as any unexpected charges, do you use PN email address? If so, if you need to carry on using it then you'll need to contact PN.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Ooops, forgot the email side, probably should mentioned. Thanks for the addition, @idonno 👍

John
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

@jab1 wrote:

@Stevef1 All broadband switches are 'Gaining Provider Led' - in other words, you tell whoever it is you want to move to them, and they do the tranfer for you.

With the caveat you're moving to another provider that use Openreach infrastructure.

If you're switching to Virgin Media or one of the full fibre "altnets" then it's a manual process that would require you to contact your current provider and request they cease your service.

Stevef1
Grafter

Thank you all