Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need To Upgrade Account

PembsPanther
Grafter

Need To Upgrade Account

Hello Plusnet Smiley
OK we have been a customer now for nearly 1 whole month, so far so good Smiley
However we have completely used the 60GB allowance, our bill is due to be produced on the 6th and so far over the last few days we are already onto our 2nd 5GB top up, really not good at a fiver a throw! Now we wish to upgrade to the new 120GB plan from as soon as is humanly possible, the 6th I presume? also we want to add on the priority traffic for another fiver a month, I am right in presuming this will speed up voice calls on messenger and Skype? I would also like to request if possible to have our upload speed uncapped, I have noticed arounf the forum you can push it upto around 1mb up which would be great, especially with the birth of Office 2013 and Skydrive amongst other storage solutions I use.
Now I am looking for some reassurance that these changes will:
a/ NOT affect our special reduced price offer as a new customer
&
b/ NOT affect our 50 quid cashback that should be due any time soon.
Could one of you kind plusnet staff please offer this reassurance and get the wheels moving so all this can happen for our next billing date on 6th August?
Thanks in advance Smiley
13 REPLIES 13
dsw
Grafter

Re: Need To Upgrade Account

From what I have read in the other threads you can update to the 120GB through the website before you next billing date. The link is https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?wizard_id=20. These are manual changes so it could take a few days.
As a side note, Office 2013? Ouch. It's so ugly.  Angry
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

a/ NOT affect our special reduced price offer as a new customer

You'll receive the same discount, so your price will increase slightly as the 120GB product is more expensive.

b/ NOT affect our 50 quid cashback that should be due any time soon.

This won't be affected.
Let us know if you're happy with this and we'll schedule the change for your next billing date.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
PembsPanther
Grafter

Hello Chris
Just 1 last thing, the priority traffic will this improve my video call performance in Skype and messenger?
Thanks Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It shouldn't assuming that it is being correctly prioritised
http://usergroup.plus.net/prodcomp1.php
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: PembsPanther
Just 1 last thing, the priority traffic will this improve my video call performance in Skype and messenger?

Does that mean you are current experiencing problems?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
PembsPanther
Grafter

Hello
Thanks for the replies, yes we are having a few problems currently mainly with Messenger, I speak to a relative who is also with PN he like to play some of the games on MSN with me, the video chat can be a bit laggy at times, I am 99% sure it is nothing my end as I have a wires Ethernet connection to the router and after running speed tests I achieve on average an 8mb connection consistently, I logged into his machine via logmein.com and ran a speedtext, now I was remotely logged in so obviously that made a difference but speedtest.net reported back he was only getting just over 1mb connection, I told him to have a shuffle round of his computer so he could connect it via ethernet to see if that made any difference, not spoke to him since.
I was thinking of trying the priority traffic just to see if it made any difference, my son is pestering to set his Xbox up via wireless so assume it will come in handy for that?
Anyway Chris if you are still there could you please arrange for the changes to go ahead for my next billing date that I believe is the 6th, just to confirm:
1/ Upgrade to the 120gb plan
2/ Add priority traffic
3/ Uncap upload speed Smiley
Thanks in advance for that, I have to say I am hugely impressed with PN so far and being able to use this forum to communicate with PN is fantastic Smiley
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

If you are seeing video chat performance issues, bear in mind if could well be the other end causing the issues.
If you are seeing buffering, or poor quality video calls, you should let us know so we can make sure all is ok!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
PembsPanther
Grafter

Hello Kelly
Thanks for the reply, no buffering my end at all as said I am 99% sure it is at his end, I will be speaking to him over the weekend hopefully he will have connected via ethernet and then I can see if it has improved, if not I will get him to report it and see if there is anything that can be done.
I will still go ahead with the priority traffic for me, hopefully Chris will see this and update the 3 things for me.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I suggest you try the BBC diagnostic test for streaming. If that comes back good you can be pretty sure it's not your end.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/diagnostics
The Pro add-on should not make any difference to streaming, Skype and Messenger as those are already prioritised on your current account. Where it does make a difference is in downloads that you find run at speeds below what you get on speed tests (providing it's not the other end causing the slow down!).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

You can add the Pro option yourself - it takes effect immediately with a pro-rata payment for the current month. To add this click the Add-Ons item on the Member Centre top menu and select it.
David
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi PembsPanther,
We can certainly add the Pro add-on, as jelv has jost pointed out, internet activity like Skype will always be given priority, you can see all about our <a href="http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/traffic_management.shtml>traffic management</a>. It will help on other areas of internet activity, let me know what you want to do.
Uncapping your upload speed is a chargeable service as you are currently on 20CN(ADSL) as 21CN is not available at your exchange, you can uncap this <a href="http://trials.plus.net">here</a> by choosing Max Premium (Faster upload speeds).
I've upgraded your account to our 120GB package and this will take effect from your next billing date, as Chris mentioned your discount's will still be applied.

PembsPanther
Grafter

Thanks Chris.
I will ponder on the priority traffic as if there is no difference in Skype etc there is probably no point, I am more than satisfied with everything else.
Thanks again Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Glad your happy Smiley no point you having it if it will not benefit you. If you decide you want it you can add the pro add-on <a href="https://portal.plus.net/AddOns.html">here</a>.