cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nearing 'End of Contract'

Swingle
Dabbler

Nearing 'End of Contract'

Could someone please explain why PN make it so difficult for existing customers to stay with them at ‘end of contract’, with exsisting costs. Being hearing impaired, PN don’t have a email facility and the Chat system is currently going around getting nowhere.

I see a ‘new’ customer can just click through PN’s web pages and arrive with a new contract in place with all cost & details sorted. Quite clear and transparent, I’m sure you agree,  and with ‘decent’ prices too.

As an existing customer I ‘have to speak’ with someone. The ‘review’ email PN did send, informed me that it would cost £X for Broadband & line rental. I then have to find out whether it includes my existing call package and discounts and here is yet another problem the web pages say they are not included but the  ‘review’ email clearly says “This does not take account of any call plans or discounts you may have.”

Does therefore my new contract price quoted total “Broadband plus Line Rental plus call package less discounts” or do I have to verbally negotiate.

This ‘pain’ every 18 months gives me encouragement to leave, not to stay with PN.

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Nearing 'End of Contract'

@Swingle 

Whether call plans are included might depend on whether yout current contract includes a free plan, I believe that evenings and weekends used to be but I don't know whether this is still the case. If so, I would assume that it is still included. However if you currently pay for an additional plan I would think that it will still be chargeable as an extra.

You obviously need a Plusnet staffer to come along to confirm.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

BERTJ
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Totally agree with you l am also hearing impaired.
My contract is up in September and if plusnet net cannot give me a full written offer to better or compare with my current deal l will likely do a deal elsewhere for broadband phone and tv there are many cheaper than plusnet for broadband and anytime phone.
I like you feel dealing with contracts with plusnet is like drawing teeth and painful.
Just do not need it .
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Swingle and @BERTJ,

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate your query.

I'm sorry to hear of your apprehension when renewal time comes along, I appreciate your individual circumstances and apologise for any difficulties you may have experienced in the past.

Contract renewals are encouraged via telephone to ensure customers have a fully informed discussion regarding their renewal and contractual options, with the Member Centre available to those who prefer renewing online. This option would also suit those who have difficulties using a phone for whatever reason however we would encourage you to use the Relay UK service to call us if you'd like to have a discussion with our Customer Options Team. Relay UK (previously (Next Generation Text) is a text service that uses operators to speak to us while you communicate to them by text. Our Customer Options Team are on 0800 013 2632 between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

With regards to call plans, we include the costs in your contract breakdown to advise you of your monthly bill costs, the breakdown includes your broadband cost as well as the line rental and any call features you're paying for too. The main difference is that call plans and features can be cancelled at any time so technically they are not contracted for more than one month at a time. I take on your feedback about the review email however the same principle applies, call plans and call features are not contracted for longer than a month in advance so as you can change or remove them at any time the review email has to assume nothing additional is required until you choose to add the items yourself.

I trust this answers your query, please come back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thanks - LF

BERTJ
Rising Star

Thanks for your input.
I noticed when l had posted my last comment l to had an offer to renew.
Managed to drum up courage to pick up the phone and speak to Daniel in the options team to be fair l waited only about a minute to be connected after going through the press button this and that.
So the top and tail of it options listerned to my views and that l could get a cheaper broadband and anytime calls with nowtv and they matched it so overall l will be paying 1p more overall for my broadband phone with anytime calls youview tv and bt sports .
So happy to continue with PN.
Would encourage you to phone options number they will listen to your views and you may get a surprise.
Good luck.
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

I'm glad to hear you took the plunge and came back satisfied @BERTJ. There's no better recommendation than from someone who has lived it and told the tale, so thanks for coming back to us!

Take care and thanks - LF

BERTJ
Rising Star

Lord Foul

Please take a look at my account l have raised a question yesterday re bt sports and new contract activation to Daniel Fazal no response as yet.

As l am still in my 14 day window to cancel new contract so depending on a satisfactory response l may have to consider other options one being leaving PN when my current contract expires on 11th September.