cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystery calls to local numbers and 123 numbers but I have no phone connected???????????

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Mystery calls to local numbers and 123 numbers but I have no phone connected???????????

@MisterW wrote:

For anyone with an included call plan, as long as their call charges are 0.0 would they ever check their call records for calls such as these ?   

123 calls aren't included on call plans, so they'd show up. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Mystery calls to local numbers and 123 numbers but I have no phone connected???????????

I'd be very surprised if this fault was not causing nuisance calls to 112 (999 equivalent), which as far as I'm aware does not appear on bills.

Would Plusnet be able to enquire if the 999 service in Manchester has recently had a spate of such calls?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@198kHz,

Based on your engineering experience how would a problem such as this be located?  Given the pulse generation is intermittent, short of checking the whole length of the haystack suspect cable pair, how would the location of the short be found?

Is the right answer here a d-side and e-side swap?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero

For the reasons I gave in Message 14, I think it's quite possible that the problem is in the OP's property - hence my advice to prove that first.

If it proves to be outside the property, then assuming that there is a dropwire feed, that would be an obvious suspect.

A D-side swap would be next, followed by an E-side swap.

If all else fails, then have a look in the exchange, checking for bits of loose wire on the frames, then ultimately swapping equipment items, ports etc.

It's an interesting case, which in ye olden dayes would have been handled from start to finish by an old-style SFI officer. How such things are managed in these days of computer allocated 'tasks' I don't know.

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
colbrad
Grafter

Did the OP have their issue resolved?

I've just noticed 3 separate calls to 123 on my new bill. I live alone and don't have a home phone connected.
Can someone at Plusnet advise? Thanks

EDIT
Just spoke to billing department and been told these calls shouldn't have appeared on my bill and I will be refunded. Potentially the calls are from a nearby engineer dialling from the local box in combination with a crossed line diverting it onto my line which is slightly confusing.
Anyway, my phone line is going to be monitored for the next 2 months in case it happens again.

serenityjane

Hi, 

I'm glad you've got it sorted, this is happening more and more, and many people are not checking their bills.  I also got mine refunded after a painstaking process lasting a few weeks. And Plusnet didn't even apologise or offer me anything out of courtesy for my tireless phone calls and stressing. Oh well, i'll be leaving them as soon as the contract is done with!!!. Regards

colbrad
Grafter

Yes, I only noticed while updating my monthly direct debits and saw the extra amount for phone calls that shouldn't have been on there.

Was your refund on an invoice the following month? I didn't ask how long it would be.

serenityjane

Hi there,

Yes the refund went onto my next bill as a credit, so you should see it on your billing statement.  Hope you do not have further issues, with regards

Serenity

198kHz
Seasoned Hero

@serenityjane  Glad to hear that your problem is sorted, and you're getting financial recompense.

I've been following this thread and contributing ideas - can you, or PN, please enlighten us as to what the solution was?

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
serenityjane

Hi there,

Plusnet still don't know what caused this problem. I received an email stating that they have now rectified the fault, and when I questioned what the fault was they were adamant that a person had been tampering with the Openreach street cabinet/box.  I personally don't think this is the reason.  So as far as I know it is still a mystery!!!. Sorry I couldn't help further.

colbrad
Grafter

Thanks, I'll keep a check on my next bill Thumbs_Up

198kHz
Seasoned Hero

@serenityjane  Thanks for passing on what you've been told.

I don't believe it either.

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)