cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mysterious refunds

Rikaitch
Grafter

Mysterious refunds

Checking my bank statement, I noticed the occasional £10 here, £15 there refunded from plus net. After some pondering, I realised that this must be the referral bonus, but why does Plus Net not let us know? The bonus is beneficial to us, so why not make a little song and dance about it, at least by emailling us with something like "Congratulations. Your bonus has been paid into your specified account."
What would be even better is if you included the account that the bonus was for. This way we know as referrers who we've earned money from, and when it's been paid.
11 REPLIES 11
eugeneg
Grafter

Re: Mysterious refunds

Quote from: Rikaitch
What would be even better is if you included the account that the bonus was for. This way we know as referrers who we've earned money from, and when it's been paid.

Hear here. This was promised months ago but all went quiet so I suppose PN forgot about it.
suesykes
Grafter

I've never known anybody to complain about receiving money before.... If your not happy you can forward them onto me!
Rikaitch
Grafter

Quote from: littlerick
I've never known anybody to complain about receiving money before.... If your not happy you can forward them onto me!

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! I just wondered where it came from. Call me pessimistic, but past experience of money appearing out of nowhere has always come back to haunt me.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: Rikaitch
so why not make a little song and dance about it, at least by emailling us with something like "Congratulations. Your bonus has been paid into your specified account."

Yeah, we probably should do that.  (just as long as it doesn't involve the Hamster dance!)
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
James
Grafter

I think it's definitely worth seeing if this is included within the Referrals Mini Project, or whether we could get some functionality built in.
To me it seems like a no brainer.  If we're giving you some free cash, we should at least tell you why!
Mark
Grafter

Hi Rikaitch
We do generate a service notice on your account highlighting that the referral bonus has been generated and will be credited to your bank account.
On your account Service Notice: 46633250 is a recent example.
This should also be emailed to you. I'll drop you a PM and comfirm the details.
This was promised months ago but all went quiet so I suppose PN forgot about it

Absolutely not. We have been working hard on the project to revamp the referals processes and the information which is made available to our referrers. I have been posting about this in this forum over the last few months and hopefully we'll have some definate news for you this week Smiley
blackrat999
Grafter

I do hope so Mark, it is all such a mess at the moment. i have had loads of referrals in the last few weeks but i cant keep track anywhere.
one today from a banner i sent by email who signed himself up and then emailed me to say he didnt see where to put my username in so he hoped i had go it - HE hopes?!!
I believe this is automatically filled in isnt it ? can you confirm that  got this one today (username begins with ell...) as it was hard work and includes the phone  package too !
looking forward to the revamp.
cheers
Mark
Grafter

it is all such a mess at the moment

No argument there Richard. There is no doubt that the system has been problematic for some time and I'm being kind Smiley The referrals improvements are now in beta testing and I'll have an update by the end of the week.
I've sent you a PM regarding your recent referrals and we'll take it from there.
Dougie89

I haven't had any referrals but this is one I got from referring Servage:
Dear Andrew,

We have great news for you! Benjamin has just signed up using your coupon code.
Therefore we have added two months of free hosting and 25000 Mb extra disk space to your account as a "thank you".

This brings your total disk space up to 411204 Mb.
Your account will be automatically renewed at 2008-06-28 - but you can just keep referring new members and you will never have to pay again 🐵

Thank you very much for your commitment towards Servage Hosting.
eugeneg
Grafter

Quote from: Mark

This was promised months ago but all went quiet so I suppose PN forgot about it

Absolutely not. We have been working hard on the project to revamp the referals processes and the information which is made available to our referrers. I have been posting about this in this forum over the last few months and hopefully we'll have some definate news for you this week Smiley

Which week ?
Mark
Grafter

I did say hopefully Tongue
Unfortunately work is still ongoing on this project and we wont have a further update until next week.
As I mentioned before. This is a major peice of work and it has to be fully tested before we launch it.
This is still ongoing however it remains a very important peice of work for us.