Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mysterious additional charge on September bill, still not refunded

FIXED
ollie72
Hooked

Mysterious additional charge on September bill, still not refunded

Clearly the move to the new billing system has caused a lot of problems.  In my case, my September bill had the usual £9.99 charge for value broadband, was missing my usual 50p referral discount, and had a mysterious 'Balance brought forward' of £9.98, making a total of £19.97.

The missing referrals discount has been corrected in my October bill.  That leaves the mysterious £9.98 charge.

I queried the additional charge in a chat on 14 Sep and was assured this was a mistake.  The agent raised question 182640802 against my account, but it was closed on 4th Oct with the comment '2 bills were outstanding August and Septembers so £19.98 is correct.'  This is rubbish -- the amount is £19.97 (not £19.98), and more importantly my bank statement shows direct debit payments of £9.49 going to PlusNet on 17th Jul and 17th Aug.  And of course a payment of £19.97 on 18 Sep for this erroneous bill.

Please, please can someone correct this.

8 REPLIES 8
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Mysterious additional charge on September bill, still not refunded

Sorry to hear this.

I've asked a colleague in our billing team to see if they can shed some light on this

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
russhughes

I agree. My bill is £13 higher than agreed. I've submitted 3 support emails since October 2nd, all ignored.

NOT IMPRESSED.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @russhughes,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the delay in our response. I'm afraid tickets are not an immediate response platform.

I have responded to your ticket here

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Can someone please read and respond to the OP @ollie72  from post #1

Ta

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Maybe the mods should split @russhughes post off into a separate thread, so it doesn't get confusing?

Up to them of course.

ollie72
Hooked

Another 2 weeks and I've not heard anything.  Please, someone!  All the relevant information is in my original post.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Fix

Hi @ollie72,

I'm very sorry to see that you have not received an update on this as of yet. I've taken a look into your account today and raised a ticket response to you regarding this issue, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
ollie72
Hooked

Thanks @TheMightyAJ, according to the ticket this has been resolved this which is great.