cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My usage allowance has been increased

reetpetite
Grafter

My usage allowance has been increased

I specifically set my account not to do this years ago and have never had this happen before. Yet it has this month for some reason?!
Additionally, I received none of the usual warnings about approaching my usage limit (as I have for the last 4 years).
I am unhappy about the extra charges being placed on my account because of this.
Can someone from Pnet please explain why my previous settings have been ignored re: purchasing extra bandwidth and why I did not receive the usual warnings upon approaching my monthly limit?
I also strongly suspect something has gone wrong here as I seem to have used all my bandwidth (60gb!) and its only the 10th of the month. I was last reset on the 22/04/2014. This is unprecedented (please feel free to examine my historical usage over the last four years) and I can honestly say I'm sure this is a glitch!
FWIW I haven't been receiving any emails at all from pnet .. I just noticed I haven't been getting my direct debit notifications either.
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: My usage allowance has been increased

The obvious first question is whether the usage reset - do the daily usages add up to the total
Regarding all the rest - there is a known problem about not receiving email notifications of usage.
However not receiving direct debit notifications would suggest that the email on your account isn't the one you are checking does this show the email you are checking https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0
Regarding losing your previous zero setting - did you change products as that always changes the limit to "non set" and there have been a lot of complaints about that
If you go to closed tickets on your account there should be a notification there about reaching your usage limit . If there isn't one there either something is really screwed up
reetpetite
Grafter

Thanks for the useful reply!
1.It would seem that yes they do. I must have just watched more youtube than I realized this month .. derp!
2. That I can attest is absolutely an issue for me as you describe. But if its a system wide issue nbd. I am still not sure how my setting to not extend my bandwidth got overwritten though? I have never had that happen before and I am on a tight monthly budget so I don't/won't pay for more bandwidth. This one will need to be looked at by Pnet.  Smiley
3. The email is correct. I have just not been getting any emails. I have obviously checked my spam filter etc. I suppose its possible that gmail has somehow categorized plus net as spam and filters it out arbitrarily but its not something I have done. This has been double and tripple checked my end.
4. I did not change products no, however my billing period was way off. Thats my bad. Its actually only 2 days to renewal. I thought it was the 2nd of the month for some reason but its actually the 13th. So in fact, running short 48 hrs before renewal seems quite reasonable and I have done that a few times before. So I am confident the bandwidth usage is correct.
5. I checked and there is indeed no closed ticket for a warning re: bb usage. Just one for telling me that I have exceeded my limit and £5 has been added to my bill. That is broken then and the issue is nothing to do with email or my end. Hopefully Pnet will refund that £5 and take a close look at their system. The notification failure is one thing but overwriting or losing someone's billing settings seems kinda serious.
[Moderator's note by Adie (dvorak):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I am sure that they will
However that doesn't explain why you aren't receiving emails for direct debits
I would think that the staff may be able to give some pointers for that
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi reetpetite,
I'm sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing.
I've taken a look at your account and can see that Direct Debit e-mails have been sent, an example of one of the notifications sent is on Service Notice: SN190665427 you can view this by visiting http://contactus.plus.net and searching the Service Notice reference under 'Closed Tickets'.
With regards to your usage limit, you're on the 60GB package, you could move onto the Unlimited Package without any contract for £12.49 a month if you'd prefer. With regards to the extra usage, the last time we received a request from you was back on 12/08/2013 @ 18:06 (Ticket: 73141046) which was for us to add no more than an extra 5GB block if you exceed your 60GB usage allowance - this cap is still in place.
If you're not receiving notifications from us, can you please double check that we have the correct e-mail address for you?
reetpetite
Grafter

Yes, please put me on the Unlimited plan. My internet service is crap but paying £30+ a month for 4mb is even crapper. Might as well pay £12.49 for unlimited crap.  Grin
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi reetpetite,
You can find a guide here explaining how you can change your package on the member centre:
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/change_broadband.shtml
If you're having any problems with this just let us know Smiley
Please note that any product changes will not happen until your next billing date.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Ring the customer options team - you'll get a better deal than if you do it online!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

You may get a better deal if you speak to our Customer Options Team, however, you are unlikely to get offered a better deal on an uncontracted product.