Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My service - "Your Way Pro"

gingle
Grafter

My service - "Your Way Pro"

Hello!
When I joined Plusnet I took up this service - Your Way Pro. I believe this actual product is no longer available (or am I wrong?) At some point my usage was increased to 20gb, which was nice, but after nosing about I now see that there is a similar product, offering the same usage, with constant all day Line Speeds for less money than I am paying - Plusnet Pro.
Have I basically been over paying simply because a service was renamed? If so I'm a bit peeved.
And should I simply change over? Or are there differences which warrant keeping the more expensive product?
Thanks Smiley
11 REPLIES 11
Be3G
Grafter

Re: My service - "Your Way Pro"

There are two differences that I can think of:

• Plusnet Pro uses market-based pricing, whereby the product cost is determined by the competitiveness of your exchange. Thus, if you're on a smaller/quieter exchange you could end up paying more than you do for BBYW Pro.

• With BBYW Pro, ‘Pro’ is a user-selectable option that can still be changed. In other words, whilst you remain on BBYW Pro you are entitled to switch freely between the other legacy BBYW options (1, 2, 3) should you choose to do so. Plusnet Pro, on the other hand, is an independent product, so once you're on it you can't go back to a product that's no longer sold.

gingle
Grafter

Plusnet Pro is about £2.50 cheaper I think.
I can't see any option to change BBYW options (1, 2, 3) in my account.
I'm still wondering whether there's any reason not to change over.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gingle,
the options to change to those packages are not available on your account but can be requested via a ticket.
There's nothing that you would lose from changing to the new pro apart from, as Be3G said, the ability to switch to older packages.
Because you're in a low cost area you would get the new plusnet pro at 16.49/month.
Jojo Smiley
gingle
Grafter

Thanks Jo.
If I change over does the Direct Debit get simply altered? Or will it have to be set up again? The owner of our house (and bank account holder for the Direct Debit) is away long term.
And I don't wish to moan, but why have we been charged this extra amount all this time for an equivalent service?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The payment details on the account will not change if you change your package.
All our new packages are advertised on the home page and in the media and all customers are notified by email prior to the launch of any major new products.
Jojo Smiley
zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: gingle
And I don't wish to moan, but why have we been charged this extra amount all this time for an equivalent service?

It's not an equivalent service.
One of the benefits of BBYW was that you could hop between the various BBYW packages, once a month, for no penalty.
I suspect if you had been subscribed to marketing emails from Plusnet you would have received info about the updated packages when they were released.
Cheers
B.
gingle
Grafter

Thanks for the responses.  Smiley  
Does anyone know what the 3 various options are for Your Way Pro?
I noticed there were cheaper packages. I just didn't investigate enough to realise there was one which would give us (mostly) the same the same service for less money. My bad.
Be3G
Grafter

The options aren't for Your Way Pro, simply Your Way – Pro is then one of the options. Here's more information.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

BBYW Pro has some extras such as webspace, Plusnet Pro doesn't but existing users can take their extras with them if they change to one of the current product offerings.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
gingle
Grafter

Thanks a lot for all the info folks. Much appreciated.  Smiley
Can I just recap then: Changing to the cheaper Plusnet Pro will give the same benefits and performance (full line speed at all times etc) and the Direct Debit will not be affected at all (just the cost change) and will not require any action from us at all, ie dealing with the bank?Huh
As I say, the account holder is away long term and can't be reached for such matters. I'm just concerned that if the amount changes or a request for changes are made, the bank might request updated details / confirmation or somesuch or put a hold on the DD or something.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's right, gingle,
no worries about bank details and same benefits and speeds at all times.
Jojo Smiley