cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My referral run around/can you not sign up at weekends?

dekker
Grafter

My referral run around/can you not sign up at weekends?

Some months ago I referred an elderly relative of mine to Plusnet. He signed up for Dial-up only, which did not qualify for a reward, OK fair enough.
I finally convinced him to go for a broadband/phone package and drove some 90miles on a Sunday to help him sign up.
However no matter which links we used, we kept getting referred to the Help Centre to "ask a question" requesting broadband.
This can't be right I said we have not even had an option to choose a phone package.
Finally I gave up trying to get a link to a package and took the only option available ie. submitted the "Help centre" question.
About 3hrs later we got an email which said "You can order Broadband by going to the Member Centre"  Huh Aaaaaaargh we just spent an hour there going round in circles, it's no fun on a dial-up connection!
My relative now wants to give up and junk his computer.  Angry
We wait till Monday and ring up Customer Support  where a very nice lady sorts things out and he gets signed up...........Hallelujah. Smiley
Back home on Tuesday I try a test run on my computer and get the experience I should have had on Sunday, no problem.
Is it not possible to sign up at weekend?  if not, why don't you say so on the site?
Question: How do I now get my referral reward?
Regards Derek Mountford.  (frustrated and embarrassed)
7 REPLIES 7
dekker
Grafter

Re: My referral run around/can you not sign up at weekends?

Mmmmh no response! Was my post too confusing, unintelligible, or what? Embarrassed
pierre_pierre
Grafter

a) make sure that your relative gave PN your user name.
b) the referral fee is paid as a deduction on your monthly fees, after the other person has paid the next payment and then every month after that
dekker
Grafter

Thanks Pierre_ Pierre.
What I was also wondering was, why did the "Sign up wizard" (if that's what you call it) not work on a Sunday,
but worked perfectly fine on Monday ?
Anyhow I am now very envious of my brother in law as he is flying on a  6000+  kbps connection and is on a cheap rate exchange,
getting twice my speed for half the price. Cheesy
Roo
Dabbler

There's no reason why the signup process should not have been working. From a technical point of view there's no distinction between one day and another. The only thing I can think of is if either there was a genuine problem with the process on that day, or if there was a high volume of traffic at that particular time causing an issue.
dekker
Grafter

So how do I get my referral reward, have I got to raise a ticket ?
I do not feel like imposing on my relative to take action.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
If you can get your referral to just raise a ticket to say that they were referred by you, then we can get the referral sorted manually for you.
dekker
Grafter

Ok, thanks.