cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My recent bill

tnisha

My recent bill

Hi,
I have been trying to contact someone to deal with my complaint about being charged for changing my billing date, even though when I signed up in March I requested a date and was told I would have to wait till September now September has been and gone I have been billed extra. Why should I pay for someone else's mistake?
4 REPLIES 4
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: My recent bill

Hi @tnisha,

The functionality to amend payment dates only rolled in September so in March that option wouldn't have been there, as it sounds like you're aware.

We don't charge a fee for amending your payment date but when you do request to change the date you get a pro-rata charge to cover the difference from your original date to the new date. Is this the fee you're referring to? If so then this is a valid charge.

It looks like you've spoken to a couple of the contact centre guys earlier today, have they been able to resolve your issue?

tnisha

Hi
So then it should have been amended to the original date I asked for at the beginning of my contract dont you think?
tnisha

And I still want to make a complaint as I have had to set my direct debit up twice, I only hope that my next bill doesn't get taken twice as I have no faith in your billing system. Also I have tried to go into my account to pay this bill and it keeps freezing up what's that all about?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

So then it should have been amended to the original date I asked for at the beginning of my contract dont you think?

Unfortunately there's no functionality built into our systems to have essentially saved the billing date you wanted and to apply it at a later date.

In addition, this wouldn't change the fact that a pro-rata fee would be added to the next invoice after the bill date is changed. 

And I still want to make a complaint as I have had to set my direct debit up twice

Sorry for the issues you've had with your direct debit.

I can see a new one is pending activation. Let us know if you have any further issues once this is setup.

Also I have tried to go into my account to pay this bill and it keeps freezing up what's that all about?

From what I can see this should be resolved now?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet