cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My password is compromised

pimpernel
Grafter

My password is compromised

I have received a email to say my account compromised.

I cannot make changes.

I cannot ring you, landline is too crackly

Please advise.

Password to Plusnet community is secure.

John Lee

5 REPLIES 5
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: My password is compromised

Sounds a biy 'scammy'. Who did the email purport to be from, and what else did it say?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
pimpernel
Grafter

Thanks, Hero.

Have now solved the problem. It was an attempt by a ½-moron to trick me into sending money, solved it without much of a problem.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero

@pimpernel 

Glad you weren't taken in. 😊

Incidentally, 'Hero' is my forum 'rank', just as yours is presently 'Grafter'. It will change as you make more posts, receive 'thanks/likes' on the 'thumbs' icon, or provide accepted 'fixes'.

This Covid crisis is becoming a field day for scammers - be careful out there. 😎

Cheers

198kHz

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)
pimpernel
Grafter

Thanks for reply, but am still recovering after many years from my former occupation, working with computers where I became rather tired of answering questions on computers, installing software and running reports, mainly on a mainframe..

I have been in Plusnet for 12 years or so, but rarely make any posts on the forums here.

I am, however, rather worried about the Covid virus, as I am in the  "at  greater risk" age category.

I do have an "underlying health problem" as well, which the NHS does NOT accept as being of any relevance and make many posts on relevant web sites to help others who suffer from the ignorance and stupidity of the NHS.

This Covid virus has given the local CCG a reprieve from explaining to me why they LIED to me and provided an excuse that overrides a number of recommendations it obeys from the likes of the British Thyroid Association whilst disobeying instructions from the General Medical Council.

The computer problem was quite simple once I understood what was going on. The health problems have lasted over 31 years already with no end yet in sight.

All the best to you and if you know of anybody with a thyroid problem, send me a message. I may be able to help.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero

@pimpernel wrote:

All the best to you and if you know of anybody with a thyroid problem, send me a message. I may be able to help.

Aye, and all the best to you.

I can empathise with your problems, as my daughter in Ireland has had many years of thyroid trouble. She had to fight against inappropriate 'treatments', do her own research, and is doing much better now.

Murphy was an optimist
BT technician (Retired)