Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new contract and my recent bills

FIXED
sharon1
Dabbler

My new contract and my recent bills

HI! I'm in such a pickle with all this but I'll try and keep it simple.

I signed up for a new 24 month contract last November, upgrading to Unlimited Fibre at a special price of £23.19 a month because Openreach said they couldn't do FTTP for me. This new order kept getting held up for one reason and another and I wasn't actually upgraded until January 24 just gone.

My last 3 bills (Dec, Jan, Feb) were for varying amounts and I assumed this was pro rata stuff and discounted bits, but I'm completely confused by the details, particularly February's, tbh. feb bill.jpg

So now, looking at my dashboard, it says my contract *began in November*. Is that right, when I didn't get my FTTC until Jan 24?Huh

contract deets.jpg

Am I being stupid and missing something here? Help pliz!

5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: My new contract and my recent bills

The summary is just that, a summary.

To see what is actually happening, you need to look at the detailed charges in the bill.  Where there has been a product change part way through a billing cycle, the detail will show...

• Part charges for the old product refunded (change date to the end of the previous advance payment period)
  • Part charges for the new product (change date to the end of the previous advance payment period)
  • Full month in advance at the new product rate

That typical gives rise to 3 charge items per product - two debits and one credit.  If there are also discounts, they will be treated in a similar manner.  The summary is confusing and the detail needs a clear head!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

thomsonmichael1

When customer  services best advise is buyer beware regarding  small pas reliable rint regarding mandatory imposed 50.00price hike  or alternative rip off to àvail supplier of integrityescription to find obvious better value alternative so called  support  you describe. 

sharon1
Dabbler

Thank you for your reply Townman - it certainly is complicated, as shown in the attachment of the bill detail I put in my question 😬

Confusing bills aside, my question still remains: why does my contract begin in the November when I wasn't connected to FTTC until January?

I hope someone can help me, thank you

DelT
Grafter
Fixes: 4

Fix

@sharon1  Your attachment is only the bill summary, the bill detail that Townman refers to is to be found on a later page of your bill. This should show the dates to which the various charges, refunds and discounts apply.

sharon1
Dabbler

DelT - aha, yes, I WAS being stupid!! I hadn't scrolled further down ‌‌🙄

Sigh. Thank you. (I'll ask about my contract in a new question later)