Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My monthly bill just went up by 16.2% and the itemising makes no sense

JakTheBiscuit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

My monthly bill just went up by 16.2% and the itemising makes no sense

It seems to be a common problem which is why I am waiting on the phone, which is too busy to be answered apparently.

If I could raise a ticket I would but Plusnet no longer provide this very useful way of contacting support, so I am resorting to posting this instead.

Please contact me plusnet.

4 REPLIES 4
AlanG17
Hooked

Re: My monthly bill just went up by 16.2% and the itemising makes no sense

Following this post... as my monthly bill has increased by 16.2% and only half way through my contract.  I'm angry as they never contacted me to inform of the price increases. Let me know how to get on.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

2022 Billing increases

Users have found the first bill following the price changes on 31st March 2022 odd because the brief summary presented at the top of the bill is just that - a summary. It does not reflect the important details of each line as fully described on subsequent pages. The first bill after the price rise, has for each chargeable item and their associated discounts...

1. A refund for the charges already paid on the previous bill (at the old rate) for the period from 31st March to the billing date
  2. A re-charge in arrears (at the new rate) for the period from 31st March to the billing date
  3. The charge at the new rate for the following month (charged in advance)

Consequently comparing this months bill with last months bill can create the impression that it has gone up more than the expected 9.3%. It is also possible that the annual prise rise is coincident with the end of the discounted minimum term, making the increase appear much larger.

Note: In some cases there is a known error on the first bill run which has omitted to adjust applicable discounts.

Price rises tend to cause users to review their account - some have found that their minimum term end date on the contract appears to be wrong, or inconsistent depending on which browser or environment they use to access the information. The one which looks sensible is probably the correct one. This issue is under investigation; if you need to confirm the details, please contact COTS.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JakTheBiscuit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

"please contact COTS" - Never heard of them, who are they and how do you contact them?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Contact Customer Options Team (aka COTS)

COTs is the place to go to if you want to find out anything to do with your contract in respect of leaving, renewing or simply enquiring about early termination charges (ETCs). They have their own number and tend to answer quicker than the general customer service number.

Direct dial numbers

• 0800 013 2632(from within the UK)
  • +44 330 123 9197 (from abroad)
  • Available...
    • 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
    • 9am - 7pm Saturday
    • 9am - 6pm Sunday

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.