cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My direct debit payments have gone up by around 40% with no notification

savd

My direct debit payments have gone up by around 40% with no notification

Hi, I was on contact and agreed to £21.99 to come out monthly. I have noticed that PN are now taking over £30 a month without informing me which  am quite angry about. Lockdown for me like many others is difficult and really bad that I am being overcharged and with no prior notice of the hike in prices. Can someone please get back and assist. I will be forced to get in touch with bank and stop the overpayment otherwise. 

3 REPLIES 3
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: My direct debit payments have gone up by around 40% with no notification

@savd 

You say you were on a contract at £21.99. Has that contract come to an end and so have you now been charged the normal monthly rate for the product? Or does your bill include chargeable calls?

Stopping the DD is not a good idea as that may get you into another problem with failed billing and the hassle that entails. Better to try to find out why your bill is now at the amount it is.

savd

Hi, thanks for reply. Trying to find out about my bill with no way of contacting anyone about it is as would expect impossible.

Was hoping some from PN would get in touch on here and help me resolve this issue.

Not sure whether contract has run out but is it not reasonable, or possibly even stated in original contract, that I would be informed on any billing changes? It seems to be on promotional blurbs from PN "Don't worry, we will let you know when your contract is up".

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@savd 

Have a look on the home page of your Members Centre. At the right hand end (under the greeting) there is a sub-heading "My Contract". If you are in a fixed price / term contract the start and end dates should be there. If there are no dates then you are probably out of contract.

Hopefully a Plusnet staff member will pick this up soon.