cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My dad is still receiving bills despite leaving Plusnet

Sparks67

My dad is still receiving bills despite leaving Plusnet

My dad left Plusnet in March but has still received 2 big bills from Plusnet, the last on over £60! He had confirmation his service was stopping in early March. This is very distressing as he is self isolating and I can't physically go to his house to help him with this. He is 80. I've tried phoning plusnet directly but they are not taking any calls due to the terrible current situation. What can I do? As it stands over £60 Will be leaving my dad's bank account and this shouldn't be happening.
4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: My dad is still receiving bills despite leaving Plusnet

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Accounts / Billing.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Suffer-proudly
Dabbler

Hello Sparks67,

Sorry to hear you ran into Plusnet's "we got your back" service.  I tried to avoid exactly the scenario your dad is struggling with.  Based on my experience (still ongoing struggle) with Plusnet's "We will do you proud" service, I suggest you save copies of all bills and communications you may need that is stored on Plusnet's website, on your computer.  Plusnet blocked me access to my account.  You've been warned.  

Look for my discussion on Plusnet Community :

"I want to pay final bill at end - Plusnet blocks all access to Billing and Account info".

Stress (thanks to the people working at Plusnet not helping you) weakens the immunity system, which is the last thing we need during this time especially old people.  I suggest you try not to share the gory details of your struggle with Plusnet's employees, with your dad.  Keep him safe. 

Good luck.

Sparks67

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your supportive message. It seems that a difficult situation is going to be difficult to properly resolve at the moment. The advice I've been given is to cancel my dad's direct debit but that too is going to be difficult as everyone is supposed to be self isolating and is of the generation which likes to do banking face to face.
Thanks again for your supportive response and make sure you stay safe 😀
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @Sparks67 and apologies for the delayed response. I'm sorry for the issues your dad has with the cancellation of his account. Can you PM me his username or full address so I can take a look into this?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet