Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My contract

FIXED
zilch777
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

My contract

Where do I find something as glaringly obvious as when my current contract ends and its precise terms?

I know what I'm paying every month but can't get any further than that by searching, seemingly everywhere.

20 REPLIES 20
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: My contract

Fix

Apologies that the contract end date is not as clear as it should be when checking via the member centre.

I have now confirmed this for you via your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=141818778

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
zilch777
Dabbler

It does! TY Smiley

And quick too

bures
Dabbler

I have the same question, why is it so difficult to find this info
I found the attached but I have no idea what length of contact I am on
18/24 months

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@bures In the same place you'll find the amount payable if you leave early, and the date at the beginning of that line is the start date of your contract.  If you click on Broadband and Phone early termination charges here: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/plusnet-price-guide-for-residential-products/ you'll find the amount payable for every month left of your contract when you leave.  Divide the former by the latter and you have the number of months left.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forum @bures.

Although the advice given by @Jonpe should help, I've also provided confirmation of your contract end date via your account for you here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=142135737

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Gill1

So come on Harry - why is it so difficult to see how long the contract is - and how long is left. Also - what happens when the contract expires? Do you let us know or do you just put the price up? Also have been trying to additional charges tonight for my dad who is thinking of changing to Plus net......could only get the answer through Live Chat! Come on folks at PlusNet - make it nice and easy for us. My dad's decided not to switch to you 😞 - and I'm struggling to find the info I need....
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I believe when you agree to a contract you are made aware that the offer you agree to is just for a certain length, and we advise of how much it should increase by once the contract expires.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
zilch777
Dabbler

I think the issue here though is how hard it is to lock on to something so very very basic (see my original post). Plusnet are not alone. On many websites you have to move sun moon and stars in an effort to find what you are looking for and then finally have to ask Customer Services. And on some websites (Marks & Spencer banking for one) you can't find an e-mail address to send a message to, if perhaps you are hard of hearing and don't fancy tackling something complicated with someone whose accent may be impenetrable. 

The information should be on the home page when you log in. 'Your present contract runs to XYZ and if for X months at £ per month' with a link for more detail.

Plusnet immediately becomes more user friendly and more loved. That's what you want, isn't it! Smiley  

Gill1

• Absolutely - but I have lots of contracts with lots of companies all starting and ending at different times. I'm amazed that you can respond in such an unhelpful manner. Why is it so difficult to find out how much longer my contract has to run? This is really NOT acceptable. Is any senior manager of Plusnet reading these fora? To inform us 'how much it should increase by when the contact ends' is not in the spirit of how Plusnet markets itself. I want to know a) when my contract ends and b) what tariff I will be put on when my contract ends - so I can decide whether or not I want to take my business elsewhere as soon as my contract ends. That is called being transparent. At the moment I don't feel kindly disposed towards Plusnet because you're making it sooooo difficult. This is not rocket science! Come on Plusnet - play fair please.  
Gill1

Exactly, Zilch777. Please can someone in authority listen, hear and action? It's actually really, really simple. At the moment I shall be off as soon as I can - and with you having lost my dad's business yesterday that will be two contracts you're down - simply due to you making things far too difficult!

Gill1

Thanks Jonpe - but who's got the time or inclination to do mathmatical calculations? Surely Plusnet could just - err........put the information on each account?

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Gill1  Couldn't agree more.

zilch777
Dabbler

All we need now is for HarryB to take it up on our account! Wink

custos
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

This clearly a serious omission from the account information. It is completely impossible to work out how much longer my contract has to run. Come on Plusnet, how difficult is it to add it.