cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My contract ending

Kowski82

My contract ending

My contract is coming to an end on the 11th of June and was thinking of leaving. After 5/6 years of custom they haven’t gave me no reason to stay. I asked for a new router and they refused. I think this is ridiculous for their loyal customers. Also no discount or offers at all during my time their. I was wondering how long will I have to wait to leave without being charged. I have already got the email saying it’s time to renew.
8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: My contract ending

If, you accept the renewal offer PN give you, or negotiate a better one and decide to stay, you can request a 'new' router at that time - if your current one is 5/6 years old, it is out of warranty (12 months) and Plusnet, like any other ISP will not give you a 'free' one unless you are going to be with them under contract.

I find it hard to believe you have not been offered discounts at previous renewals - I have always managed to negotiate a cheaper than new customer price at the end of  my contract. You can leave without penalty at the end of your contract.

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account/ Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Kowski82

Thanks for ur reply mate but no I haven’t had no discounts or nothing when I renewed in the past. I asked and the kept saying theirs nothing for me. I never even got my welcome voucher/card reward after like 6 months.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Not doubting you, @Kowski82 , but I find that strange, unless you are on a very good deal to start with. I have been here 9 years, and always got a deal on renewing, to the point now where I know I can't get better.

John
Kowski82

I think I am like. I am currently on super fast fibre with only the phone with no extras because I don’t even have a phone plugged in as I have a contract mobile phone I use. £33.99 is the plan I am on and I think your right about me being on the best deal for me but they could throw over a voucher or something. I am going to give them a call back and give them another go and see. My range in my flat isn’t good either. When entering the bedrooms and bathroom we lose our signal strength too. I’ll have to mention that too I think. Thanks for your advice and chat my friend. Good day
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@Kowski82 

Before you do that, you should look at other ISPs and find one or two with better deals and then haggle

Dave

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Kowski82 

You are definitely NOT on the cheapest deal. Vodafone do the same service for £22 per month, see https://www.moneysupermarket.com/broadband/?p=0&gclsrc=aw.ds&&cicp1=&source=GOO-0X000000D80F373015&m...

Ring the customer options team on 0800 079 1133, select the I’m thinking of leaving option and ask for it to be matched. You may need to refuse their first offer and haggle around this price.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@Baldrick1 wrote:

@Kowski82 

You are definitely NOT on the cheapest deal. Vodafone do the same service for £22 per month,

Ring the customer options team on 0800 079 1133, select the I’m thinking of leaving option and ask for it to be matched. You may need to refuse their first offer and haggle around this price.

The price quoted can depend on what exchange one is on. I was paying much the same price (£34 a month). Even Vodafone when I was looking at alternatives was hovering around the £28 mark. It really irked me at the time to see the lower prices being advertised to new customers for what to me was exactly the same service.

But @Kowski82 certainly shop around. I ended up saving around £90 a year when I moved on from PN.

As for new ISP supplied routers, do read the small print. For instance, the likes of BT expect you to return it when you leave. Although saying that, when we went over to FTTP, my previous ISP let me go (after only 14 months) without requesting it back. Very nice it is too!

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?