cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My broadband usage has been showing 0kb since last Friday.

petecov44
Grafter

Re: My broadband usage has been showing 0kb since last Friday.

You should understand the point Chris is trying to put across then Paulh,
The fact is PN has it's own systems and as such it has to take however long it takes. You could upgrade to unlimited no?
::Edit:: Just to let you know I have some usage for yesterday and it seems to be recording again for me now
daro2096
Grafter

My usage is still saying 0kb.
paulh
Rising Star

Quote from: petecov44
The fact is PN has it's own systems and as such it has to take however long it takes. You could upgrade to unlimited no?

Frankly, if their change control processes are so cumbersome as not to permit small modifications easily, I'd be having strong words with whoever designed the CCP and kick their arses.
As for the suggestion "You could upgrade to unlimited", I'll gladly do so if you agree to pay for it on my behalf.
No? Don't fancy that?  Stupid and unhelpful suggestion then,  wasn't it?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

We'll not be making any such changes this close to a large release which is rolling tonight. We'll look at when we can get this put out into a Hotfix though as Chris has said.
petecov44
Grafter

@paulh
Never gave me a chance.
Not stupid at all. I just live in the world of no debt so £4 a month is not an issue. I guess you don't
daro2096
Grafter

Still showing 0kb.
daro2096
Grafter

Seems to be working now. 80odd kbs.
daro2096
Grafter

Usage is back to 0kb.
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Chris
We'll not be making any such changes this close to a large release which is rolling tonight.

Chris, what large release rolled out on 10th June are you talking about?  Where can I find the info about it?
Many Regards.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It was in relation to this Service status http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1402300037.htm
daro2096
Grafter

Appears to be working now.
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Chris
It was in relation to this Service status

Thanks, Chris.
sleepyjohn
Grafter

Hi,   Well my usage indication  is clocking up very slightly,  but at nothing like a large enough rate for the test usages I've tried in the last few days.  For example 40 mins' iPlayer viewing yesterday clocked up less than 1 MB  !!!
I was on a 12 month PN Essentials contract with a 10GB/month allowance  and I completed my 12 months earlier this year so am now just rolling on month by month on what I thought were the same terms.    10GB/month is more than enough for me,  so I've no incentive to go unlimited.
But I notice all the old capped contracts seem to have disappeared and every new offer now appears to be unlimited.   I'm wondering if the explanation could  be that the metering service is being allowed to wind down and we're all soon going to be unlimited anyway?  
So where do we stand on this issue just now?   Is there still a fault on the metering?   What happens at the end of the billing month?   Are we going to be billed on whatever the metering's showing or  Is there a risk that  we could be billed on a much higher actual usage?       If and when the metering is fixed,  could it possibly take a huge jump forward as it somehow catches up on earlier usage it missed?  
Would welcome a bit more clarity on this under-metering issue if possible,  please.    
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The usage issue is still being investigated at the moment. Any usage that's been used whilst your usage is showing 0KB will not be charged for.
We now only offer Unlimited broadband products, that's a business decision that was made as part of the recent Residential Product Refresh. If you're on a usage capped product, you'll continue to be on that. The usage issue is at the highest priority, however, we're working with our vendors which means that we can, at times be waiting for them to get back to us.
We won't add all of the usage you've used that hasn't been registered, we appreciate that if you can't see your usage, it's not your fault.
daro2096
Grafter

Looks like the usage meter isn't working again. Today's usage is only 1.8 odd mega bytes but have watched several hours of YouTube today so usage should be nearer 1gB.