cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My bill has just doubled

allangcameron

My bill has just doubled

My monthly bill has doubled. I cant get into my account as its locked and wont reset. I cant get through on the phone. I'd cancel my direct debit but i need the service. Can someone help?

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: My bill has just doubled

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Community Feedback to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Hi @allangcameron

Sorry to hear that. I have looked into your account and last bill was higher due to calls made from your landline and due to fact that your Line Rental Saver expired after 12 months. Your subscription price for broadband and call plan is exactly same as it was. You can reset your password to member centre here

List of all charged calls are on bill and under phone tab.

Please be aware that if you will change password to your account, password your router is using to connect will change as well.

If you will have any problems with your connection after that change, please follow this guide

When the Hub has restarted, connect a device to the hub with either a wired or wireless connection.

From the connected device, open a web browser and in the address bar type, http://192.168.1.254/

When the Hub manager page opens choose the "Advanced Settings" option

You will be promoted for you admin password which you can find on the back of the Hub, enter the password and press "OK"

You will see a warning message, click the "Continue to Advanced Settings" button

Below the "Advanced Settings" tab at the top, in the blue bar, choose the "Broadband" option.

On the next screen, at the bottom right, if there is a button that says "Disconnect" press this.

You should now be able to change the Broadband username and password.
The username should be [YOUR ACCOUNT USERNAME]@plusdsl.net
The password should be [YOUR ACCOUNT PASSWORD]

Press the "Connect" button at the bottom right of the screen, you should now be connected and able to access the internet.

allangcameron

hi tried to rest it and it took the new password. When i try to login now it takes me to an error page which says try later.I'm lost

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I can see that you have 2 accounts and request to change password was done on old one with old username, not new one which is active now.

I have now manually sent a request to reset password on your new account so please double check that you are typing correct, new username when you are trying to log in after you will complete process of changing password.

Please let us know if that will work now.