cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My bill; Other items (Additional call charges)

Guffald2020

My bill; Other items (Additional call charges)

Why am I & have been for the length of my 18 month contract been charged for; " Additional call charges" greater than the calls I make?

An explanation would been most appreciated.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: My bill; Other items (Additional call charges)

Hey @Guffald2020,

I'm very sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this. Additional Call Charges account for any chargeable calls made outside of your Call Plan, or if you stay on the line for over 60 minutes. Do you use the landline phone at your property?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Guffald2020

Having spoken to an advisor, it appears, ADDITIONAL CHARGES, are for landline usage prior to 0700 & after 1900. 

I am unsure how to check my calls over & above these times, to check my usage.

As for myself, I rarely use, ( if ever) a land line at the peak rate times. However, an average addition charge per month of £25.00 Proportioned to my account, does not induce me to renew my contract this month.

Still investigating!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Having spoken to an advisor, it appears, ADDITIONAL CHARGES, are for landline usage prior to 0700 & after 1900. 

@Guffald2020 are you sure it's not the other way round i.e charges for usage after 0700 & before 1900 ?

If you have the Evenings & Weekends call plan then calls are only free before 0700 and after 1900. If you use the phone during the day, which it sounds like you do, then you may be better off changing your call plan to Unlimited Uk & Mobile calls (allowing free calls at all times) which would be £10.28/month as opposed to your existing E & W/e at £5.78/month i.e an additional £4.50/month which is far less than the £25 you appear to be paying.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.