cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account has been cancelled / transferred without my permission

mumcleod

My account has been cancelled / transferred without my permission

Is it normal for Plusnet to just cancel my account and transfer my broadband to another provider.

I haven’t requested this and I’m the only person living in the house.

A week ago today I started getting messages telling me my broadband was being transferred to another provider so I phoned Plusnet and got them to stop it. Then again middle of last week. And now today my account it being closed/transferred again and it has just gone through anyway.

I have have phoned them three times now but the staff seem useless to stop this.

can anyone help or advise me?

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

Re: My account has been cancelled / transferred without my permission

@mumcleod Unfortunately, I suspect the Help Team have all logged off for the day, so none will pick this up until tomorrow morning, Who have you been 'transferred to?

It sounds very much like someone else has requested a transfer and entered wrong details, 

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jab1 wrote:

It sounds very much like someone else has requested a transfer and entered wrong details, 

... and then when the transfer is reported as cancelled by @mumcleod , that 'someone else' is resubmitting the wrong details, and @mumcleod 's account goes back into another scheduled transfer.

Unfortunately @mumcleod  won't be told who the 'someone else' is, due to GDPR data protection

jab1
Legend

Hadn't thought of that ridiculous situation, @Anonymous  - but someone else won't have been sent any details, and someone else will NOT be transferred as they expect - a total foul-up caused in part by stupid 'regulations'.

This will need EXPERIENCED staff input.

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would hope that Plusnet can put a 'lock' on future unwanted transfer requests, which ideally can only be overridden by the consent of the account holder ?

jab1
Legend

As it has happened - see my edit.

John
jab1
Legend

@Gandalf I know you have moved, but can you wave your wand on this?

John