cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account and my problem with fibre renewal offer.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

My account and my problem with fibre renewal offer.

In 2018 I changed from ADSL2+ to FTTC on the information:

Service Notice #361975534
We estimate your broadband speed should be
 between 27Mbps and 40Mbps and your minimum
 guaranteed access line speed
is 22.4Mbps.

Because of cross talk and line conditions i.e. aluminium I obtained far less- below the minimum estimate, yet above MGALS.  No suggestion was made that MGALS would reduce, if I had accepted.

My fttc contract ends mid January 2020, but phone rental sever later in year. The offer is:

18 - 31Mb
estimated download speed
Your 
Minimum Guaranteed Speed for this product is 16.3 Mb

Surely, Plusnet should not make and offer just because their supplier has moved goalposts, and continue my MGALS as is. I feel I am being cheated into a worse contract.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
3 REPLIES 3
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: My account and my problem with fibre renewal offer.

Hello @Luzern,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Speeds can and do change from time to time, this can be based on the amount of connections to the cabinet, the deterioration of the line due what you've mentioned above etc. We'll only confirm the speeds which can be achieved and not anything higher, should you be seeing below the MGS for the line over a wired connection we'll be able to open a speed fault for you and investigate further. Of course we have 30 days to get the MGS back to what it should be before a waive of the early terminations fees is applicable.

Thanks.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Mads I agreed to accept a MGALS of 22.4 Mbps. Why in ..... should I be forced either to renew at the inferior MGALS offered, because your suppier's systems alter the goalposts due to the inadequacies and deterioration of their infrastructure, or remain on a rolling contract at a much higher cost, or leave and lose months of Line Rental Saver.

In my disgusted absolute opinion Plusnet is becoming a dishonest trader, that doesn't honour a commitment. I hope I am wrong. :).

To be fair, as I am  minded to move in to apartment accommodation close to a BDUK cabinet sometime in 2020. it might be a lesser inconvenience and sense of being abused to go back until then to ADSL2+ and later make a new contract with whomever, as the speed would not be much less than now, seeing the BDUK cab is a for what are ADSL exchange lines.

I've no idea, what without line rental the cost would be?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @ Luzern,

I'm sorry to hear that however I appreciate your feedback comments.

I'd suggest speaking to our Customer Options Team about ADSL on 0800 013 2632 between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

Thanks - LF