cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My account adding my other half name

kylesemon
Hooked

My account adding my other half name

I would like to add my other half name on the billing, anyone have experience Plusnet allow to do so?

Much appreciated. 

11 REPLIES 11
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: My account adding my other half name

@kylesemon The account itself can only be in one name, others can be added as authorised contacts, but they will not be able to initiate any material change to the account - i.e. change product/re-contract &c.

John
kylesemon
Hooked

thanks for your reply.  All i need is my name and her name show together on the billing invoice.

if added as authorised contacts, is her name will show with mine?

jab1
Legend

No - as I said, the account can only be in one name.

John
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

We can in fact change the name and/or address on your bills, if different from the account holder’s name and where we’re providing the services to. 

If we don’t pick this up tonight, we’ll get back to you tomorrow and we’ll be happy to arrange this. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jab1
Legend

@Anoush I think the OP wants his AND partners name on the account? Not possible, if I remember correctly.

John
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I’m reading it as they’re not wanting their partner to be an account holder, but to show her name on the bills as well as theirs, which should be possible, because a bank account / direct debit can be in a joint name. 

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jab1
Legend

OK, @Anoush  - I bow to your greater knowledge on these subjects. 😉

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

It turns out I was wrong. While a direct debit can be from a bank in a joint account holder's name, the billing name can only be in a single name on the account not two peoples' names. The billing address can however be different. 

I surrender my wizard staff to @jab1

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jab1
Legend

@Gandalf wrote:

It turns out I was wrong. While a direct debit can be from a bank in a joint account holder's name, the billing name can only be in a single name on the account not two peoples' names. The billing address can however be different. 

I surrender my wizard staff to @jab1

Sorry, @Gandalf - as much as I appreciate the offer, I don't think I can do it justice. 😀

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Too late. You now have the power. Cheesy

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet