cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Plusnet Referral credits - some are missing ?

daveg6hni
Grafter

My Plusnet Referral credits - some are missing ?

I have referred several colleagues at work recently and none of them are showing up in my referrals list ?

Also they all said that the online form would not accept my username as a valid one ?

In each case they mentioned this to a PN agent who said they would add me manually once the order was committed, but some have been over 30 days now ?

My account is with Force9 and has a numeral as the second character which I think is the issue.

How can we resolve this so that I don't have this issue the next time I refer someone, I'm hoping to refer another 8 to 10 people.

I've only been with Force9 / PN for about 15 years but it is only recently this has become an issue..

I have added the usernames to an open ticket I have for convenience.

12 REPLIES 12
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: My Plusnet Referral credits - some are missing ?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Topic moved from General Chat to Accounts / Billing.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

The way this used to get fixed was by both you and the referred party both raising tickets reporting you did refer and they want you to be recognised as such.

However there are limited grounds for residential users raising tickets these days - I do not recall if referrals remains one of them.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

the way it used to be was to recommend with e-mail through PN and that was all you had to do. I f the recommended signed up then it was an automatic referral.

mort7890
Pro

There is a further post about referrel credits missing in May. I tried live chat only to be informed that they could not raise a ticket, I had difficulty finding where to raise a ticket on PN site (it used to be easy 15 years ago) so eventually I noticed this had been raised in the community so I mentioned I had not received my referrals also. Surprise, surprise a ticket was raised for me and my referrals have been paid back into my account. I queried what had gone wrong and the response was

"  Thank you for getting back to us. Unfortunately we are unaware as to the root cause of the issue with your referral credit however our billing team have looked over your account and double checked everything to ensure this doesn't happen again."

I would therefore request that billing look at your account for you.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

There were indeed several ‘entry’ paths - what I described was an after it all failed means of fixing what should have happened during the sign up journey.

Iirc for the method you describe, the referred party had to sign up via the emailed link.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

This mater was escalated by the SUs and the following response has been received...

“I've just had confirmation from the head of billing that they've found the issue with Referrals that has now been fixed.

All impacted customers will receive missing referrals from last month as well as this months referrals as normal.’

mort7890
Pro

So they found the root cause even though they informed me they did not know the root cause?Huh

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Individual front line agents might well have no knowledge of such matters. If SUs see something which looks like a trend in the forums, we take up such issues and use the channels made available to review them.

Sometimes such intercedence turns up gold.

mort7890
Pro

I could accept that if it was a front line agent but it was taken up and reported by @EmilyD so a ticket was opened and the response was from billing,

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

On checking, EmilyD actually said they could see no reason for the problem (not there wasn’t one) and added she’d pass it up for investigation. Quite selerately I did a SU escalation as well.

Whatever, the situation was pushed up for review and has now been resolved.

daveg6hni
Grafter

I can see three of the four now, but the first one is still missing !

I have added it to my open fault ticket.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @daveg6hni

Really sorry you're having issues and thanks for letting us know, we're aware that for some customers referrals we're not correctly processed and will be rectifying it on your next bill.

Thanks for your patience.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager