cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My First Referral

midori
Dabbler

My First Referral

I got my first referral last month, but I do not see any record of referral status on my account.
I read all the faq and understand that payments are tied to the date and frequency of the referree's first payments, which is obviously stil a few weeks ahead. But should I not at least see the sign up event recorded?
20 REPLIES 20
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: My First Referral

I can't see any new referrals tied to your account.
If you can get the person who you referred to raise a question on their account with your username stating you referred them then we can get that added.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I have the same problem,
I arranged for my mother to change to PN end of December and the change took place mid January with me administering the account. The CS rep said they would put me down for a referral discount so I assumed I didn't need to do anything but I don't see any thing in my account.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Yours wasn't recorded either. Can you do what Matt said please. Once the ticket ID here once you've raised it, I'll get it sorted for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Thank you - done that
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Sorry, I was meant to be picking this up yesterday. It appears my colleagues have already sorted it for you though.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
midori
Dabbler

Quote from: plusnettony
Sorry, I was meant to be picking this up yesterday. It appears my colleagues have already sorted it for you though.

Tony, I assume this was not about my issue as there is no change on my referral panel. I have sent your request as follows. At the time of referral his email was 'peterm.c@btinternet.com'.
================
Hey Peter,
Plusnet records fail to recognise they indeed did send you my referral (your message below confirmed it).
Plusnet have asked for you to contact them direct stating that I did refer you to them - including my user name  'midori5467'.
You can send the confirmation to PlusNet Accounts or append it to the Forum thread under "Accounts & Billing" here:-
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,136713.0.html
I cannot see how they fail to log their referral systems with their new accounts but lets' hope they execute their cash back promises better.
Thanks
Barry
On 29/12/2014 10:49, Peter Clay wrote:
> Hi Barry,
> I’ve got the link from Plusnet thanks, but I can’t remember the codeword I need to get from BT! Can you let me know what it was so I can get started.
> Thanks,
> Peter
=========================
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I note the refernce to cashback. I believe you can't have a referral on a signup with cashback
Perhaps you could ask your referral to share his cashback with you  Cheesy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
midori
Dabbler

Are you joking PeteLoftus?  I read T&C BEFORE investing my time on the referral scheme! There is no mention of any such exclusion in T&C's  unless you suggest a 'red card' under to clause 9.
9. We reserve the right to vary the Terms and Conditions of the My Referrals customer referral scheme. We similarly reserve the right to terminate the scheme. Any such changes will normally be announced through our Announcements section available from the Service Status page of our website. It is your responsibility to remain informed as to any changes of the service via these pages and our normal channels of communication.
dick:quote
catelliott
Grafter

Hi there,
Do you know if the person you referred has gotten in touch with us yet? Smiley
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,112065.0.html
Its in the Quidco terms "if you enter a referral...your cashback will be cancelled" Roll_eyes
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
midori
Dabbler

Quote from: catelliott
Hi there,
Do you know if the person you referred has gotten in touch with us yet? Smiley

I chased Peter again. What is the method to get in touch with you?
catelliott
Grafter

Best either to raise a ticket at http://help.plus.net or to give our Support Team a call on 0800 432 0200 Smiley
midori
Dabbler

Quote from: catelliott
Best either to raise a ticket at http://help.plus.net or to give our Support Team a call on 0800 432 0200 Smiley

Here is what Peter said tonight:-
=======================
HI Barry,
    sorry I’ve not progressed this sooner with Plusnet. I’ve just tried to sort it, but they don’t seem to want to recognise my Account User name or Password so I can’t contact them. I’ve tried phoning ,but they’re so busy ( I wonder why?) I’ve given up for now. I will keep trying and will let you know how I get on.
Regards,
Peter
=======================
catelliott
Grafter

Hi again,
It's probably best that he speak to one of our team in the contact centre, as they can pass data protection with him in ways that the Member Centre can't. If it helps, we're generally fairly quiet first thing in the morning, and we are 24/7 Smiley