cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Contract was automatically renewed. Can I still cancel?

CuBz
Grafter

My Contract was automatically renewed. Can I still cancel?

My contract ended around December 2013. When logging into my account it says I am in month 4 of an 18 month contract. Upon checking this out, I found that Plusnet automatically renew the contract if you do not cancel before so.
Am I still able to cancel free of charge if needed?
Thank you.
SIDE NOTE: I've been with Plusnet since 2010 and I have loved the service, however, it is costing me exra to pay for a tv service and broadband/phone separately.
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: My Contract was automatically renewed. Can I still cancel?

Quote from: CuBz
Upon checking this out, I found that Plusnet automatically renew the contract if you do not cancel before so.
The staff on here will clarify the situation as they do not automatically renew contracts. Not only that but it is illegal to do so
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Can you let me know where it's saying you are in month 4 of an 18 month contract?
You moved to Fibre in Feb 2013 starting a new 18 month contract. You have just over 4 months *remaining* on that.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
CuBz
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
The staff on here will clarify the situation as they do not automatically renew contracts. Not only that but it is illegal to do so

Hmm, now i'm confused. If that is the case, then why does my account say I am in month 4 of an 18 month contract? I have not agreed to a contract of any kind. Originally my contract was supposed to end in October 2013, but when I logged on in August, it said I had 4 months remaining. Now I log in and it says I have 14 months remaining.
The only change I've made to my account was when I upgraded to unlimited fibre, but was told by Plusnet that I could upgrade without entering a new contract. Besides, that was much longer than 4 months ago, more like 14 months ago. So come to think of it, if anything, it would be 4 months remaining.
CuBz
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Can you let me know where it's saying you are in month 4 of an 18 month contract?
You moved to Fibre in Feb 2013 starting a new 18 month contract. You have just over 4 months *remaining* on that.

It shows this when I go into the "Product change" option
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi CuBz,
We don't see that on our side of the system at all so sorry for any confusion.
Bear with me as I'll be taking a deeper look into this with a colleague ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
CuBz
Grafter

Thank you.
jim:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@CuBz
It seems some changes have been made here as to how we display the length/status of a contract for customers and this is just an undesired effect of that.
I'll catch up with my colleague who is helping look into this and report back if we have any further news.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team