cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mutiple Accounts

Shartois

Mutiple Accounts

Hi there,
Only been a customer with plusnet for 2 months now but so far so good, connection speed is good considering my exchange has no FTTC enabled as yet but this is due to be done sometime may of this year.
My question today is this.
Are we able to have multiple accounts at the same address for instance once fibre is installed i would like a dedicated line for gaming and browsing and a dedicated line for my production server.
I create web templates for clients and need something a little faster than the shared connection i currently get with my standard ADSL+2 connection.
Im currently having to use a 4G mobile phone connection to upload files across the internet as  the upload speed provided on this line is just not enough.
Could i order a new line line and update it to fibre when its available.
What would the costs involved be with upgrading my exsisting line to fibre should this actually become available in may
Regards
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Mutiple Accounts

What is the  speeds shown on the router as the upload may be capped at about 444kbps
Shartois

My current connection speeds are as follows
Broadband Connection

2.1 Type ADSL Annex A
2.2 Status Up
2.2 Uptime 4 days 0 hours 19 mins 10 secs
2.3 Line Rate (Down / Up) 3328 Kbps / 736 Kbps
2.4 Noise Margin (Down / Up) 7.2 dB / 10 dB
2.5 Attenuation (Down / Up) 56.5 dB / 31.5 dB
2.6 Power (Down / Up) 18 dBm / 12.5 dBm
However i dont reach these speeds
Download speeds reported by the Plusnet speed test are
Today 14:31 1914 kbps (239kB/s) 562 kbps (70.3kB/s)
and from Speedtest.net

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Well that isn't going to help with upload speeds
Regarding a second line that wouldn't be a problem as it would be treated as a new sign up as the Plusnet systems won't cope with two lines on the same account
However I wouldn't advise getting the second line until fibre is available so that you would get the full benefit of the deal at that time
Upgrading to fibre on your existing line would only cost £5.99 P&P for the new router and an 18 month contract I believe
Shartois

Yes which is why im currently using my 4G mobile phone to upload files to clients. the speeds i get from that alone is much faster than my download speed and upload speed combined 5 times over however im losing money doing it this way as i sometimes exceed my usage on my phone as im usually only a light user.
it would be far easier and cheaper to have an additional line which i already have its just a case of making an order and plusnet switching it on.
as you said i would wait until fibre is activated before doing so as its pointless having another line installed now to only get the same upload speed.
ive currently increased my data usage on my phone for a month and will do so again until fibre is activated RFS date says May 2014 but ive seen these dates change in the past.

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Shartois,
It's definitely possible for you to have 2 or more lines at your property, however, you would have to sign up a new account as we can't have more than 2 lines active on 1 account as Oldjim has already stated. Your best bet is to check any deals we may have when you find that FTTC is available to you for the new line.
For the existing account you'd be best speaking to our Customer Options team to discuss upgrading to FTTC once it's available to see if they can offer you a deal.