Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Must I cancel my standing order?

FIXED
richardzhenya

Must I cancel my standing order?

Hello,

I am moving to a new address and have cancelled Plus Net. I have the cancellation date set as the 15th of February, 2019. 

Must I cancel my standing order? If not, how much will come out of my account on the payment date (4th of every month)? I don't want the full months payment to be deducted, so how can I ensure that I will only be billed for the period from the 4th to the 15th?

Thanks!

Richard

4 REPLIES 4
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Must I cancel my standing order?

I suspect you'll be billed for the whole month and then once your services have migrated or been cut off, PN will refund you the overpayment.  This is based on my own experience and that of others reported on this forum.  You'll find a number of people here who've continued to be billed after they've left but I suspect they are a minority although it is obviously very annoying and far from satisfactory ... and it certainly doesn't do them proud!

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Fix

Hi richardzhenya@

Please don't cancel any payment methods in place.

Once your services have migrated to another provider we then calculate your final bill/pro-rata and refund this.

If payment details are cancelled/stopped this actually forces us to provide a cheque refund which takes up to 21 days to arrive for your pro-rata (if due). Should your payment details remain on the account we refund to the card and this is within 5-7 working days.

I'm afraid we can't take a part payment the bill would need to be paid in full and as advised we would then refund the pro-rata amount to yourself.

I hope this information helps and should you require further assistance please let us know.

Kind regards

richardzhenya

Thank you.