cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mucked about and loosing money....

aetos
Grafter

Mucked about and loosing money....

After being a loyal customer of Plus net's for a long number of years, I decided to change my ISP away from Plus Net to get an enhanced product not available on a BT exchange and offered half price internet to stay with Plus net.
I duly contacted customer service to obtain a MAC code and sought out options with regard to keeping my e-mail for a while to give me time notifiy my contacts etc..
The CSR explained that my e-mail account would remain open but that my payg voip number would be terminated (it's the one advertised on all my business cards, web site etc and that I could not move or transfer it ( thought this may be contrary to OFCOM quide lines) (( Plus net are still getting an income from referals I had made whilst a member))
A week later I recieved my MAC code, and was still paying for a service to the end of the following month.
I tried to get my e-mail and got a server error and when I went to access the member portal and discovered I had been killed off..
I phoned customer service and was informed that my account was deleted but would be restored as per the original request and that it had been deleted by accident. My account was re-opened, and I reset my e-mail accounts only to find that 3 days later they have all been deleted again.....
I am still paying for my account until the middle of next month..
As a result of this all my PLUS NET e-mail is being rejected, I have no voip number and cannot access the portal or web mail which I have still paid for.. and as i don't have an log on to the portal cannot raise a ticket...
Very ticked off and annoyed
Mark
p.s.
from OFCOM WEB SITE
Number portability is a regulated facility which enables subscribers of publicly available telephone services (including mobile services) to change their service provider whilst keeping their existing telephone number. Its purpose is to foster consumer choice and effective competition by enabling subscribers to switch between providers without the costs and inconvenience of changing telephone number.
Law and regulations
European Union Member States are required to ensure the provision of number portability to subscribers pursuant to Article 30 of the Universal Services Directive (2002/22/EU).
United Kingdom Powers to enable Ofcom to set conditions requiring communications providers to provide number portability are set out in sections 51 and 58 of the Communications Act 2003 (the "Act").
Obligations imposed on a communications provider to provide number portability to its subscribers and to provide portability to other communications providers are set out in General Condition 18 ("Number Portability").
Ofcom has got powers to enforce any breach of that Condition under sections 94 to 103 of the Act. Civil liability for breach of that Condition could also arise, but Ofcom must first give a consent for the bringing of such civil proceedings under section 104 of the Act.

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/telecoms/numbering/Porting_Letter.pdf
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Mucked about and loosing money....

aetos,
I'm sorry to hear about these issues I'd like to take a look at your account and resolve this for you.
Could you please send me a PM with your username please and I'll look into this for you.
Apologies for any inconvenience.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
zubel
Community Veteran

I'm not sure that VOIP providers are required to provide number portability.  They are required to state whether number portability is available on their VOIP network, but again - as VOIP is a free 'bolt on' to some Plusnet accounts, I'm not sure that you are termed to be paying for the service.
That being said, Plusnet VOIP accounts are handled by Gradwell, and you may very well be able to port out your entire account to Gradwell directly, thus taking Plusnet out of the loop.
B.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks Barry,
On that point I wanted to wait and seek clarification before responding. Number portability rules as stated by OFCOM only apply to landline and mobile services.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
aetos
Grafter

Hi adam
thanks for the reply, P.M. sent
Mark
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry for the delayed reply, I was away from work due to injury yesterday. I've re-opened the account on a free basis so your e-mail should be working again.
The bad news I'm afraid is that I'm unable to retrieve the same VOIP number, please let me know if you are interesting in having a new VOIP number assigned and I'll do that for you.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team