Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to a non-Fibre Area

bigboso
Dabbler

Moving to a non-Fibre Area

Hi all, 

We are in the process of moving house and while there's still some time to go, I wanted to ask for some advice. 

We currently have PN fibre with Youview TV. I still have a fairly long contract to run. 

The new house is in a non-fibre area, but on the same telephone exchange. I believe this means that Youview will no longer be available. In a couple of months, the new house will have FTTH from a small rural provider, and I intend to sign up for this as soon as it's available. 

What options will have I have, will I be able to keep my phone number, and cancel the broadband and the TV services without penalty? Will I be able to port the phone number in a few months (without penalty)? 

Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Moving to a non-Fibre Area

Your best bet may be to ring the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 selecting option 1 then option 2 (If you are thinking of leaving).

Edit:

I think the opening times are:

8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
9am - 7pm Saturday
9am - 6pm Sunday

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Not necessarily; I think you need min speed of 2.5mbps. I get 2.7mbps and NOWTV works fine for me.
Try a speed checker against your new property's phone number.
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Not really relevant!
You need to be a Plusnet Unlimited Fibre customer to subscribe to YouView via/from Plusnet

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @bigboso,

@bigboso wrote:

The new house is in a non-fibre area, but on the same telephone exchange. I believe this means that Youview will no longer be available.

Unfortunately that is correct.

bigboso wrote:

What options will have I have, will I be able to keep my phone number

You should be able to keep the same telephone number if you're choosing to take your Plusnet account with you to the new address providing the new address is on the same exchange/cluster.

@bigboso wrote:
and cancel the broadband and the TV services without penalty?

As we wouldn't be able to provide TV in a non-fibre area, you'd be able to return the TV hardware and no early termination fee for the TV part of the contract would be applicable.

With the broadband, you would be given the option to take out standard ADSL broadband, however if this is not available or you chose to cancel the account during your minimum contracted term, I'm sorry to say that the early termination fees would be applicable.

@bigboso wrote:
Will I be able to port the phone number in a few months (without penalty)? 

If you mean port your number to a new provider, I believe they should be able to do so, providing the number is active at the address they will be providing the service at. However, early termination fees would be applicable if cancelling during the minimum term of your contract.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet