Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to Sky or Talktalk

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Moving to Sky or Talktalk

Just out of interest, does moving from a BT line to Sky or Talktalk always incur a cessation charge, i.e. do these providers exclusively use LLU, or are there likely to be any exchanges where it is more cost-effective to lease BT lines?

My other car isn't a Ferrari
7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Moving to Sky or Talktalk

If you move to a LLU provider, you can expect to receive a £30 cessation charge raised by BTw just because you want to leave BT's WBC network.  Note this has nothing to do with the line used - it will be the same line, just terminated differently within the exchange.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Though as I've mentioned previously, I've migrated from BTw to LLU services and vice versa multiple times and never been charged a cessation fee for doing so.

Tagger
Grafter

There's no cease charge provided that you are still using an Openreach line.  it doesn't matter who owns the kit at the exchange.

Which means you only pay a cease charge if you move to Virgin Media, or cease the line entirely.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@Tagger sorry, but you are wrong, a move to an LLU can mean a £30 charge.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

Moving from Plusnet to Sky or TalkTalk does not necessarily always mean the cessation charge is applicable.

In some exchanges, they don't use LLU equipment.

It really all depends on the cease code that comes through to us after the service has left, that defines whether the cessation charge is applicable or not.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ghos7
Grafter

ive moved to sky and you charged me a cessation charge. and im still being billed for services with you even though i left over a month ago 😆 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@ghos7 - I've responded over on your other thread.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet