cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to Plus Net - Should I be worried?

mthompson18

Moving to Plus Net - Should I be worried?

I signed up to move my Phone and Unlimited Fibre Broadband to PlusNet on the 5th December.  I got the usual message that this would take 7-14 days.  Fair enough.
After taking my £150 I did not hear a thing from them, getting nervous on the 20th I raised a ticket and a couple of days later was send an SMS giving today (3rd) as the date my broadband would move over.  Guess what - Nothing has happened.
I realise its been Christmas and a lot of staff would be off - But I'm not getting any communication from them (Other than an SMS which they didn't deliver on today).
The new router did arrive on the 31st.
I'm already a BT fibre customer so shouldn't need an engineer visit.
Is this the sort of service everyone else is getting? 
If they are this bad now - What on earth will they be once the service is live?  Anyone else had similar problems? 
I had such high hopes for them and feel seriously let down already. 
8 REPLIES 8
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Moving to Plus Net - Should I be worried?

The Digital Care Team who monitor the forum and would check on your order's progress won't be back in the office until Monday.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
picbits
Rising Star

As above, unless a member of the DCT is doing a bit of overtime you will probably receive a reply from them on Monday.
Have you double checked for any tickets relating to the install ? You'll need to log into the member centre but worth checking.
http://www.plus.net/my.html?action=questions
If something has been cancelled or a date moved, it should be in there as it's pretty comprehensive.
Fingers crossed you get it all sorted - I've had no major issues in the last year but hiccups do seem to happen - especially if BT Openreach need to get involved for any reason.
picbits
Rising Star

As another thought, BT FTTC uses mainly the same equipment as the PN FTTC. You can even use the BT Homehub on the PN system. May be a stab in the dark but have you checked if your IP has changed to a Plusnet assigned one ? It may have been so seamless that you haven't noticed or then again I may be talking a load of rubbish lol.
mthompson18

Thanks for the quick responses - much appreciated.
PicBits:
I Still have a BT IP Address according to http://www.whatismyip.com/.
I read up on the Home Hub a bit as I did intend on using it (Provided BT doesn't ask for it back - It seems better than the one Plus Net send out).  Apparently Ill need to enter my PlusNet username and password to get it to work with PlusNet.  Fair enough. Obviously I haven't done this yet as my BT connection is still live.
Checked the URL you provided  - No Updates since the 19th December.
Strat:
I Realised it will probably be Monday before I get a response from Plus net - thanks though. I figured it was worth seeing what comments I got back from other users.

picbits
Rising Star

They'll get you sorted one way or another, sometimes you just have to be a little patient with PN as they are a little too busy for their own good at the moment (hence why they are opening a second call centre to sort out the current support call wait times).
On the plus side, they tend to get things sorted reasonably quickly once picked up on the forums Smiley
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Aye, as a former Plusnet Employee, the digital care team will certainly sort this out for you Smiley
Hopefully it goes smoothly from here for you!
mthompson18

Bump - Can anyone on the Digital Care team help me?
If I call support im told my line is still be provisioned and then it hangs up.
irishwhip
Dabbler

I'm having a similar issue, signed up on the 13th of december, used my MAC from BT,  the payment was taken from my account soon after. Haven't heard a thing since receiving the welcome letter.
I've also opened a ticket.