cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house

denwyn
Grafter

Moving house

We have PlusNet Phone and Fibre broadband. Not sure how to go about this, we have sold our house and should be moving within the next three weeks, we are only moving a few streets, but it could be we may not be able to move into the new place straight away, and may have to store our stuff and either live with relations or a holiday let for 3 to 4 weeks. 

How do I go about this with PlusNet, we don't really want to loose our phone number, and want to transfer phone and broadband to new place when we can. I don't want to end up having to leave and pay an early  leaving fee and then have to re join. I am sure we can get fibre there as the Bt box we are connected to is right outside the new house, from what I know the phone supplier in the new house is SSE, but I believe this will be disconnected by the present owner.

Any help or advice appreciated

1 REPLY
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 484

Re: Moving house

Hi there.

If you know the address of where you're moving to, the best chance of keeping* your telephone number would be to contact our House Moves team on 0800 013 2632. We should be able to schedule the activation of your services for a later date.

*assuming your new address is served by the same exchange.

If you can PM me the address I can check that for you

[I can also do an initial check for fibre availability too]

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team