cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house

kvbudge
Dabbler

Moving house

Hi there, I am moving house. I see however your website tells me to call you. I am hard of hearing. How am I supposed to do this? It actually beggars belief in this day and age I'd have to call anyone, every other utility has been moved without hassle online.
8 REPLIES 8
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Moving house

Hi, just had a word with the House Moves team leader, she'll arrange something for you - I'd guess we'll be in touch this afternoon.
kvbudge
Dabbler

Thanks. I got a text message asking me to log into my account so this can be done. I have logged into my account but there's no information on what to do. I've gone through all the pages I can find... I'm afraid that a text message without any actual information is rather useless.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, that's because they've put a ticket on your account asking for the relevant information (new address etc). If you log in to our website and then visit this link: https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=questions&?helpheader=questions you'll be able to answer the question and they'll get the move going for you without you needing to call up.
Hope that helps.
kvbudge
Dabbler

Quote from: Oldjim
This should do it https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22995&wizard_id=38

Thanks. I see it and have done it now Smiley Much appreciated for the help guys.
Have to ask, why are you the only utility I can't change online? Given you're an ISP it's rather ironic.
kvbudge
Dabbler

Just to bump this up, apparently my phone line has been activated but how is this possible when there apparently isn't a BT socket in the house?????????? How do you activate a non existent phone line and assign a number to it?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, the order's showing that we were able to keep your existing number and the line was activated on the 16th? Our supplier's records showed that a stopped line was present at that address, or we wouldn't have been able to place the order. Are you sure the master socket isn't hidden somewhere, perhaps the loft or garage if the property has either? (Apologies that that may well be a daft question).
kvbudge
Dabbler

Hi there,
Having checked the inventory there isn't a line installed, having talked to the letting agent there isn't one BUT... having spoken to the landlord there is actually a BT socket *behind* a radiator and the inventory is apparently wrong. It's all sorted now thanks but he had to actually show me where the line was.
And, I just got a text about this telling me an appointment with a BT engineer to deal with my fault has been booked. Can you cancel this please? I didn't ask for an appointment, and had nothing else about this from plus.net.