cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house

Aliquant
Grafter

Moving house

I'm moving house next month, and I'd like to keep plusnet when I go.
I'd like to know: do my contract terms stay the same i.e. 12 month minimum from when I started, or do I have to stay with plusnet for another 12 month minimum at the new address?
6 REPLIES 6
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Moving house

The contract isn't 12 months (which would mean you had to pay the full subscription for all the remaining months). What you would have to pay if you if you left within 12 months is the cost of the home move - if you stay 12 months after the move it's free.
PS Make sure you order the move well in advance (at least 2 weeks).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Aliquant
Grafter

Hi, thank you for your answer.
When I signed up, it was a 12 month contract. That was over 12 months ago, so AIUI I'm currently free to leave without penalty. Am I still subject to that condition if I move with plusnet, or do they treat moving house as the start of a new 12 month contract meaning I have to pay for another 12 months?
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Plusnet have NOT had 12 month contracts for a number of years - it's been a 10 day notice for a considerable time and that is what you will have been on. What they do have is a number of things for which the charge is waived if you stay for a year - activation is one, home move is another.
Here's an extract from the terms and conditions:
[quote=https://portal.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html]40. Once we have provided the service, you may tell us to stop providing it at any time by giving us 10 days' written notice, unless the service terms say otherwise. We can stop providing the service by giving you 10 days' written notice.
41. If we are told to stop providing the service by someone other than you, we will immediately email you, asking you to confirm that this is what you want. If we don't hear from you within 10 days we will stop providing your service 10 days later.
42. If you ask us to end the service within your first 12 months with Plusnet , you may be liable to pay charges relating to the set-up of your service and for hardware we have provided. Please refer to the product price guide and separate product service terms for more information.
I've attached a screen dump of my Plusnet account details as I moved house in January. I paid nothing at the time but you will see that there is an entry for a free house move and against it it says "£65.00(upon cancellation)". I'm still on a 10 day notice (as always) so if I leave I don't have to pay (months left on contract)x(monthly subscription). However if I leave before 23/01/2013 I have to pay £65 for the free house move.
What will happen is on 23/01/2013 the status of the house move will change to nullified.
Aliquant
Grafter

Right, yes the activation fees/etc, that was down in my head as a 12 month contract. The principle is the same.
My question is also the same: if I move with plusnet, do I have to stay with them for another 12 months at the new property?
jelv
Seasoned Hero

No.
If you move house again with Plusnet you can't have a second free house move until at least a year after your last one so you will have to pay the £65 fee (I'm facing that as we're currently renting while looking for a place to buy).
If you leave Plusnet altogether within a year you'll have to pay the £65 fee (plus possible other fees depending on whether you totally cancel the connection or migrate out).
Aliquant
Grafter

Thank you  Smiley