Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house but it's not a typical move

superuser
Grafter

Moving house but it's not a typical move

I'm moving. Probably end of March to Mid April

Only I may have to move to rented as my new permanent home is not yet fixed and may be as late as June/July 17

What are my options? Close my account and start again? Other?

6 REPLIES 6
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Moving house but it's not a typical move

I think the only option would be to close your account and then sign up as a new customer once you're in your new permanent home.

I'd probably advise though giving our House Moves team a call on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting option 1, then option 1) to discuss this further as they may have other options for you.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

would one possibility be to downgrade to an email only account and then resurrect it at the new address - if they want to keep the existing account and emails

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

If they have a Plusnet email address they want to retain, the option of downgrading to Mail Only for £1.69 per month is there. We wouldn't be able to upgrade it back to Broadband/Phone. In that instance, we would create a new account.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

why as that implies that once downgraded it can't be upgraded again - a house move is surely not relevant as the account would no longer be tied to a telephone line/number as there would have been a cease of service

OFF TOPIC - I see the legal page still shows the higher number

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Oldjim wrote:

why as that implies that once downgraded it can't be upgraded again

While not impossible, we wouldn't change an account from mail to re-add a broadband component as this cause cause problems with the connection and billing, as such we'd request a new account is signed up if the OP decides to go the route of keeping the previous account open on an email only basis.

@Oldjim wrote:

OFF TOPIC - I see the legal page still shows the higher number

I'm looking in to this further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Just reading my last post once more, apologies I meant to say £1.06 per month.

We'll chase this up again.