cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home

BB
Grafter

Moving home

Recently contacted PN re moving. I was given a quote for new address etc even though I have no fixed date yet.

I was reasonably happy!!

However I contacted PN yesterday to be told that I had been told incorrectly.

I will have to cancel current contract ( £80 ) and then take out a new one on moving , and also pay for a phone line because its a new build.

I am not impressed now . I was told I could keep my plusnet email address when I close my account.

I have been with PN many moons and feel I have been treated badly.

8 REPLIES 8
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Moving home

Hi there,

Sorry to see there has been some confusion.

The easiest and best way of processing a house move keeping your Plusnet email address and avoiding cancellation fees is to take out a new house move contract. We’d also cover any installation fee (£49.99) as well as a house move fee of £65 as part of this new contract. There’s a bit more information to this Here.

If you’d want to keep your existing term and not recontract, we won’t charge you a cancellation fee (Unless you cancel your account) but we’d ask for any installation fee and the house move fee. 

If you want to cancel your account and either create a new one as a new customer or leave Plusnet, we’ll be able to reactivate the account to a free email account although you’ll need to then recreate any mailboxes at plus.net/email that are destroyed as part of the cancellation. Drop us a message over here if you do go down this path and we’ll be happy to arrange this. 

I hope this helps but let us know if there’s anything further you’d need clarification on. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BB
Grafter

Thats as clear as mud. The second call handler said that I cannot keep the PN landline account because calls could be made by new occupier at my expense? How can I take out a new house move contract when I have not got a moving date. We are going to live with relatives for a period of time.

If I cancel do I lose my existing emails, I don't understand recreate any mailboxes.

I cannot lose my emails which I rely on for my house move

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @BB 

We can transfer a landline phone number to your new address if that address is served by the same exchange. If that’s the case we’ll need to do this as part of a house move without closing your account because if a number is ceased there’d be no guarantee in getting it back.

If you don’t have a move in date we won’t be able to start a house move because we’d need a date in order to place the order at your new address. 

If you simply want to keep your account open at your current address even when you’ve moved out that’d be your decision because the new tenants who move in could make calls and you’d be liable for the costs as you would’ve decided to leave the account open there.

If you want to cancel your account and retain your email address I’m afraid that you will be without your emails for a short space of time while we reactivate the account as a free email one. We can normally get that done within 24 hours. Any emails sent to you between the account being cancelled and the relevant email address created again will bounce back to the sender that’s unavoidable.

If you’ve customised your default email address or have any additional mailboxes, you will then need to make your email addresses again. For example the default address is username@username.plus.com. If you just use this then you don’t need to do anything following us reactivating the account but if you have any others such as something@username.plus.com you’ll need to make that again at plus.net/email

I do hope this helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@BB As a suggestion what we could do if you and your relatives are happy with it is provide a second line at their address. That way we’ll keep your account open either by you agreeing a house move contract, or by paying the installation and house move fees. 

When you’ve then got a date when you’ll move in to your own new address, we just repeat the above. So you’ll be able to keep your email address without any downtime throughout the process and you’ll also be able to keep your landline phone number active where you are. Assuming that the addresses are served by the same exchange. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BB
Grafter

Disappointed . Looks like its curtains for Plusnet. I need to keep my email address but will have to cancel my account.

This will cost £80 and I will never recoup this , because I will also have to pay connection charges if I rejoin?Huh

Please confirm again how I keep my address.

I will let you know when I will cancel.

BB
Grafter

Obviously no goodwill. Been a member for years without problem.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @BB,

I'm sorry for any disappointment that this has caused. Sadly, as the account is being cancelled due to you moving mid-contract, we're unable to waive the early termination fee.

You'd need to contact our customer options team to arrange the cancellation. If you let them know that you would like to keep a free email only account with us they will arrange this for you. Their direct number is 0800 432 0080 and they're open between the following hours:

8am - 8pm Monday - Friday
9am - 7pm Saturday
9am - 6pm Sunday

Regards,

Emily

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Phone to My Account / Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'