cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home what to do

BenG
Grafter

Moving home what to do

hi, I will be moving house this friday but what do I do with my internet, I found out the house does have a line in, my mam rang up the post office that thats were we pay for our phone, and they said to keep the same number whould cost like £30, but they suguested to get a new one that is ex directory and will not cost anything. The thing is this new number won't be active till the 20 of this month,.
So what should I do ring plus net this week and tell them my new address, or shall I wait till the number is active then do it, I only ask cos I never done this sort of thing before.
6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Moving home what to do

Notice is rather short now but for your broadband you need to give Plusnet''s house move team a call on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200. It could be worth asking what they can offer with regard to home phone.
You'll find more information on the moving home guidance page.
Finger's crossed the move goes well. Smiley
David
BenG
Grafter

Thanks for the info I try and give them a ring this week.yes it was a bit short notice only found out about having the new number the other day.
though I don;t mind waiting a week or two, as there lots of things to do painting and all that stuff, only got the keys last friday to, and we move in this friday so it been a busy weekend and a busy week to come.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Definitely worth letting us know as soon as you can, chances are there'll be a lead time of at least a week on any orders that get placed so we may not be able to get anything online for you until next week. Good luck with it though, hope it all goes well Smiley
BenG
Grafter

Thanks for the info, Well we are stuck in the old house for one more week, as there tons of painting to be done and we don;t want to move stuff in while working and getting pain coverved, so we go an extra week, by then the new number will be active, so I give plus net a ring then
BenG
Grafter

Just thought I let you know rang up PN and got the ball rolling and it seems my new address is in fact faster speed than my old one happy days
Now all I got to do is finish painting the house Sad I hate painting takes for ever
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Thanks for the feedback, good news about the speeds.
Hope the move goes well. Smiley
David