cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home - trying to cancel

jeremyburbidge

I'm moving home and am TRYING to cancel my account with PlusNet. They make it almost impossible to get through to the right department and their support staff are rude and unhelpful. There's a support ticket that a LLU PSTN cease has been placed on the account, but nothing else...
How do I cancel my account?
It's unfortunate - I rated PlusNet very highly until I tried to move away - the only reason I'm moving is because I was offered a better deal else where - otherwise I would have stayed. But now - I won't be recommending...
9 REPLIES 9
jeremyburbidge

Cry
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Moving home - trying to cancel

Two topics merged
To cancel you call
Residential cancellations on    0845 140 6002 or    0330 123 9197
    Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 8.00pm (Except Bank Holidays)
    Saturday: 9.00am - 5.30pm
Taken from https://portal.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/
However it appears that you have cancelled assuming the cease was as a result of your cancelling
The account will only be cancelled after the cease and the outstanding bills/credits have been sorted
jeremyburbidge

And sit on hold for hours!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

jeremyburbidge

Sorry - I simply don't believe those stats
"Lies, damned lies, and statistics"
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The other option is to write to Plusnet
A cancellation request can be made in one of two ways:
1) By calling us: The quickest and easiest way to request a cancellation is by calling our Customer Options Team on 0845 140 6002 or 0330 123 9197. For opening hours, please check our Contact us page. Any notice period that applies to the cancellation request will start as soon as a call is made to our Customer Options Team.
2) By post to: Plusnet, The Balance, 2 Pinfold St. Sheffield, S1 2GU. It is recommended that for customers' own peace of mind, any letter containing a cancellation request is sent by recorded delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for lost letters not sent in this way. The letter must state the account username, and if appropriate any final payments due should be included.
jeremyburbidge

If I can purchase online, why can't I cancel online?
OK - don't answer that. I'm just frustrated that it's so bloody hard to get away from companies like this!
alan4heidi

Hi sorry to hear about your difficult migration ,,i have been trying to phone plusnet for months to get a mac code to migrate away from this totally disgusting firm called plus net i was one of the first people to take out a isp many years ago and have tried several during that time and plusnet is by far the worst on the internet
Told to apply for a mac key / code by post , i did this a week ago and telling them not to waste my time ot theirs,with silly offers and excuses to stay with plusnet  all i want is the  mac quickly  ..i even put  " time is of the essence"  but no reply yet  so its off to trading standards  and ombudsman if i dont get a reply within the next 3 days...another good way to give this plusnet rubbish a jolt is to go to citizens advice  bureau, they phoned me previous isp [tesco] that was giving me a load of agro and sorted them out in less than 3 mins  also won me a good cash award ..dont be fobbed off with this sort of rubbish from plusnet  report it imediatly  good luck    Alan
jim:red All caps changed as per the Forum Rule mod:end
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Told to apply for a mac key / code by post , i did this a week ago and telling them not to waste my time ot theirs,with silly offers and excuses to stay with plusnet  all i want is the  mac quickly  ..i even put  " time is of the essence"  but no reply yet

We've either not yet received your letter or it's not yet been associated with your account in our system. Once it has been we'll issue the MAC asap, unfortunately due to the nature of letters this does take longer than calling us.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.