cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home to area that plusnet cannot provide bb or phoneline

near1985

Moving home to area that plusnet cannot provide bb or phoneline

I'm moving to a brand new estate where only seethe-light fiber is available, there are no BT lines anywhere on site and I've gone to cancel and they are wanting to charge me £82 or so when plus net cannot supply me with anything.
The network is owned by a company called independent fiber networks (http://www.ifnl.net) and there are only two providers in that area which are https://www.seethelight.co.uk/ & http://www.directsavetelecom.co.uk/
He said he would try place an order but I'm 100% sure plus net cant give me a phone line or BB/Fiber and I'd rather not go through the faff.
I am moving to link:csa removed house is not built but only the two above are available.

Please advise
David Smith
adie:green removed full address as it's a public forum.
21 REPLIES 21
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Moving home to area that plusnet cannot provide bb or phoneline

If you can PM me the details I'll look into this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
near1985

So I've had a reply from Matthew Wheeler, but I am still not happy with that response of basically saying they can't help or supply a service.
Plus net cannot supply me internet or phone in my new home so i am FORCED to change supplier. It is not something within my hands that i can change.
Which when I'm confronted by a £80+ cancellation charge would you not be reluctant to pay?
What routes do i need to take to have this wavered, because I'm willing to do everything it takes.
Kind Regards
David.
Estragon
Rising Star

Request a refund from the builder who has made a packet by going with these people instead of Openreach. Were you informed of this before agreeing to buy? Did your solicitor pick it up?
As far as I know all ISPs have it in their T & Cs that if you move to somewhere they cannot supply then cancellation fees are due. That's not the sort of thing Customer Service can affect. I saw it a few times on O2 LLU where people moved to somewhere they didn't LLU. They could either go onto the very expensive and rubbish O2 BT Wholesale service or pay a leaving charge.
I'd also be very concerned about the level of broadband service, and the effect on my selling price for the house.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

See my reply to a similar thread from a few weeks ago.  In a nutshell, you've elected to move, you've broken your contract and PN haven't done anything wrong!
g1000
Grafter

It all depends on the package and what Plusnet are trying to charge for.
Ending your Agreement
17. If you choose to end your Plusnet Fibre service within the minimum period, (except where inside the cancellation period set out in the Residential Standard Terms) you will have to pay a termination charge by way of compensation to us for ending your service early. This charge will be calculated by multiplying the number of months remaining in your minimum term by a monthly early termination charge, as set out in the Price guide. This charge will not be subject to VAT. The only exclusion to this is if you move home to a part of the UK where Plusnet do not offer a fibre service.
18. A broadband cease charge, as set out in the Price guide, is payable if you choose to end your agreement for the service, and your service is ceased or you are switching your service to another provider on a different network. You will not have to pay this charge if you are moving home and we are unable to provide the service at the new UK address.
near1985

When choosing a new home, i didn't consider the fact about the broadband contract. i was told fiber would be available so i thought that Plus Net would of been there and didn't think anything of it till i was told late that there was only 2 providers available in the area.
If you go around the corner or across the street BT Openreach is available. But BT is not installed on the new estate i guess it will do at some point but not at the moment.
I'm currently with Broadband package unlimited with a normal phone service of evening and weekends.
Plusnet Unlimited (Contracted) - Market 2/3 charge £9.99
Talk Evenings & Weekends Line Rent charge £15.99
As we were saving for a new house i didn't want to get fiber as we were saving money.
If we were to make this decision again I'd still move, but i don't see why i should be penalized for wanting to move house, didn't expect to have to be charged for it. i guess i thought it was a given that Plus net would of been able to supply a service, its not a remote area
Fiber is available in the whole of the town i didn't expect to have to pay £80+ for it.
I believe my contract ends in November, but as the Member Center is horrible I can't find it or either it isn't there as Plus net don't want that information accessible.
So it would be the remaining contract to pay for to get out of the contract.
David
Ps
I just feel hard done by if i have to pay this charge.
g1000
Grafter

If your contract ends in November, then Plusnet are trying to charge double what they should. I'd ask for a breakdown calculation of the charge, once corrected, take it from there.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,140836.msg1241897.html#msg1241897
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,140789.msg1241446.html#msg1241446
Estragon
Rising Star

Whoa!!!!
AIUI you are/were on ADSL2+ with Plusnet and are moving home. But in ordering that you have ordered an upgrade to FTTC, which they can't offer at your new address.
BUT!
If you change it to a simple house move of your ADS2+, I think you will find they can't supply that either. In which case the getout clause g1000 quoted applies.
I think asking to upgrade to FTTC has messed up the automatic responses.
near1985

i didn't ask for an upgrade Ive just told them i need to leave because they cant provide anything for me in my new home.
So if i just ask for a house move to my new home they will have to relieve me of the cancellation charge?
dnpark38
Rising Star

Have you asked BT for a line?
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
near1985

and how much will that cost?
dick:quote
near1985

Quote from: g1000
It all depends on the package and what Plusnet are trying to charge for.
Ending your Agreement
18. A broadband cease charge, as set out in the Price guide, is payable if you choose to end your agreement for the service, and your service is ceased or you are switching your service to another provider on a different network. You will not have to pay this charge if you are moving home and we are unable to provide the service at the new UK address.

Can i have a moderator response to this contract quote please. in terms of my situation.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

moderators are customers like yourself - it will need a staff response
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Moderators are not PlusNet staff, they are customers like you who just give their time to moderate the forum.  Crazy