cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home. I have speech difficulties so it is hard using the phone. What can I do?

FIXED
Ametha1
Dabbler

Moving home. I have speech difficulties so it is hard using the phone. What can I do?

I'm moving home in just over 2 weeks. I am trying to notify plusnet of my move, which will take place on May 15th. However there's only options to phone them. I have speech difficulties and mental health issues, so talking on the phone is extremely hard and painful for me.

I remember when I moved home 2 years ago, I used an online ticketing system to arrange everything. Which was great. My internet and phone was ready for the day I moved in. I was hoping for the same thing this time. I have to move due to problems with noisy neighbors. Hopefully my new move to a quieter location will be permanent. 

I tried the online chat and keep getting a message saying a plusnet chat agent is unavailable. I've been trying over and over since yesterday. Sad

I am reliant on the internet for communication with the outside world and my support groups. SO I cant really have any breaks in my internet because it will cause additional difficulties for me.  

Is there anything you can do to help or advise? 

Amy

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Moving home. I have speech difficulties so it is hard using the phone. What can I do?

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you had some problems getting hold of us via chat.

Have you considered trying a text relay service as a way of arranging this with us?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Ametha1
Dabbler

Re: Moving home. I have speech difficulties so it is hard using the phone. What can I do?

HI Adam

Thank you. I'm considering a text relay service, which is something my support worker will arrange after I've moved to my new home.

Is there any way at all that I can arrange the transfer of my plusnet phone and internet to my new address online? If not, can my support worker phone plusnet on my behalf? She has authority. Otherwise I will have to try and use the phone myself which will be difficult. When I try and speak my voice is quiet and it hurts after a while. So I will worry anybody I try and talk to will not hear me clearly. So if I do have to make the call myself, whoever I chat to has to be patient with me.  

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi,

We'd only be able to arrange the move over the phone with your authorisation.

If it helps I can arrange for someone to call, I'll have a chat with the agent and explain what you've mentioned to me before they do, that way I can make sure they're patient and understanding with you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Ametha1
Dabbler

Thanks. That would be great.

Can I pm you with my address details and plusnet username, So you can pass them to the agent? That way your agent will have all the details ready, and I can just authorize and confirm when they call.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Don't worry about that as I've been able to link from your Community account to find the details I need.

I'll get that passed on now Smiley

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team