Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Sky to Plusnet

Matin1
Dabbler

Moving from Sky to Plusnet

Hello everyone,
Not sure if this is the right place to put this - anyway, I told sky that I want to cancel my service and change to Plusnet. I contacted Plusnet and made a new order telling them that I wanted to switch from Sky to Plusnet. They created a order for me and everything seemed to go through.
I got a e-mail like 2 days ago telling me that my order couldn't go through and my install dates have been changed - I called up Plusnet this morning and apparently Sky have put a 'cease' on my line so Plusnet cannot proceed with this order.
I talked to Sky and they told me that there is nothing I can do but wait until the 18th when my Sky Phone and Broadband will be disconnected. S
So does this mean after the 18th I will have to create a new order with Plusnet which will take another additional two weeks? This means that I will be stuck without any phone or broadband for 2 weeks correct?
What am I supposed to do here? I originally had my install dates with Plusnet on the 19th/20th/21st of March. Can Plusnet still install my line on the 21st as the 'cease' with Sky will be gone by the 18th?
Thanks.
20 REPLIES 20
NedLudd
Grafter

Re: Moving from Sky to Plusnet

Talk to Sky again. They can remove the 'cease', they did so for me when I moved from Sky to PN.
If you don't have the cease removed you may lose your telephone number!
If they still say they can't then tell them the transfer has been cancelled!
Geoff,
York.
Matin1
Dabbler

Hi,
So I followed your advice and called Sky again and they have removed the 'cease' from my line. The guy said it can take 24 hours to complete. So what do I do now? Do I have to create a new order with Plusnet after 24 hours?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Matin1,
I can see that unfortunately the cease is still reflecting on your line scheduled to complete on 20/03/2014. I have provided an update on Ticket: 82524839 for you regarding this. Ideally we would require that you have your current provider remove the cease on the line so that we can re-place our orders. If this isn't possible then you will be left without service and you would also lose your phone number as NedLudd stated.
Let us know how it goes with SKY and we'll try our best to get you moved on to Plusnet as quickly as possible.
Matin1
Dabbler

Well as I said above, they have told me they have removed the cease and it will take 24 hours to complete. Do I have to create a new order? Can you tell me what I have to do for tomorrow? I don't really want to have no internet for 2 weeks!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for your response, Matin1.
No, you don't have to "create a new order". We are aware of the situation and our Provisioning team are monitoring this on Ticket: 82524839. I've updated this ticket with the information you've provided so that they can monitor for the cease to be removed.
If the cease is removed tomorrow then we would be able to proceed with a new order. The new order would take a minimum of 2 weeks to complete as we have to provide the losing service provider 10 working days notice each time that we place the order.
If SKY have removed the cease then this shouldn't leave you without service for 2 weeks. It just means that you'll still have service with SKY for the 2 weeks that it takes us to transfer you over.
Matin1
Dabbler

Cool thank you - I just wish I was told about this sooner so I could've resolved it!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can appreciate that Matin1. The losing service provider has the power to reject an order up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled completion date. I'll keep an eye on this for you and if the cease is removed from your line before I leave the office I'll ensure the orders are re-placed for you. Smiley
Matin1
Dabbler

HI there,
So I just got a e-mail just now telling me that my Home Phone will be transfered on the 27/03/2014. What about my fibre? does that come in on the same day?
Thanks.
Matin1
Dabbler

nevermind, now it's been cancelled?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry Matin1, I've just been looking over the account and can confirm that we have now submitted both the phone and fibre orders. The new order has a completion date of 27/03/2014 and the engineer is scheduled to attend between 1PM and 6PM. I have updated this on Ticket: 82524839. Sorry for the confusion regarding the message stating that the phone order had been cancelled. This was due to me updating your account with the correct order reference. You'll soon get another email confirming that the phone order is in place and it should confirm 27/03/2014 as the transfer date.
Matin1
Dabbler

Okay nice - so I am assuming the cease order has now been lifted?
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes, it wasn't reflecting on the line any longer when I placed the order Smiley
Our Provisioning team will continue to monitor this for you in case something similar happens again.
Matin1
Dabbler

HI there,
Sorry to bother you again, so I talked to Sky today and apparently, no order has come through yet? The guy on the phone said yesturdays order failed and he told me to contact Plusnet and tell you guys to re-place the order.
thanks.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Matin1,
I'm sorry to hear the order hasn't gone through.
I'll ensure a member of our Provisioning team looks into this for you today and contacts you with an update as it seems this will require some further investigation from our suppliers.