cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Plusnet

nomis74

Moving from Plusnet

Hi, I hope one of you can help me.
I have completed an application to join TalkTlak. I was advised by them that they would advise my current supplier and I didn't need to do anything. I contacted BT (line provider) who said that they have received the same and connection due to ceased on 28th Feb. I posted a question to Plusnet and received a message today to say I should contact them. When I spoke to the guy at Plusnet he said I should be providing a MAC address to Talk Talk - even though Talk Talk say they will be doing this. Is this just a ploy by Plusnet to get me to talk to them to try to get me to stay ? I'm unsure if I should be doing any more of if my Plusnet account will be cancelld automatically when the switch over happens. (As Talk Talk said it would and BT said it would for my line)
Many Thanks and hope its not too much rambling !
Simon Cheesy
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Moving from Plusnet

Hi there,
It'll stop being charged after that point as there won't be an active asset, but there will be the £25 cessation fee that we'll be charged by our suppliers for the line cease.
Reason for the cease (and why a MAC is not actually required - don't worry I'll be feeding that back) is because TalkTalk are an LLU provider. Once they've taken over the phone line, which is being done now and which unfortunately raises a cease on your broadband as part of the same order, they'll raise a new order to provide their own LLU broadband on the line.
Hope that helps explain.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Moving from Plusnet

Just been prompted to look into this, and I am indeed wrong - thanks Jim Smiley - as long as you're moving to another provider you won't be charged the £25 cease fee, sorry about the misinformation there.