cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Extra Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Contact?

LiveRound

Moving from Extra Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Contact?

I am thinking of moving from extra to unlimited.
The way I read it is that I seem to be getting a speed increase, from 40mb down and 10 mb up with a120Gb daytime limit  on my existing Exxtra Fibre contract,  to  a rate of 69/20mb  with an unlimited transfer cap at a price reduction of £1.50 per month. 
This almost sounds to be too good to  be true.  What is the catch?
Will I be locked into a contract  for 18 months? 
I bet I cant avail of the new user 6 months 50% discount, correct?  If I am correct surely this policy encourages churning of the customer base. 
I am currently out of my lock in period and looking for a best deal and can see the new customer offers being advertised, not just by yourselves. The maths suggest it would be better to shift, what is there to tempt current users to stay? Undecided
garry
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Moving from Extra Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Contact?

Hi there,
As per the FAQ here you would be released from the current contract and be entered into a new one if you were to upgrade to unlimited:
https://community.plus.net/?s=FAQ&x=0&y=0#10
I bet I cant avail of the new user 6 months 50% discount, correct?

We should be able to carry those discounts over for you.
would be better to shift, what is there to tempt current users to stay?

Everything you've mentioned about this being a good offer? Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LiveRound

Re: Moving from Extra Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Contact?

Pressed the GO button a few mins ago, and I can see that my upgrade/downgrade is scheduled for 1970...
I know FTTC is fast but I thought this kind of time shift was only posible at speeds >C..
I also note that I didnt see any 50% promotional discount applied. So like I say does this policy not encourage customer churning..
Otherwise keep up the good work....and organise some dance lessons for the guy on the telly
garry