Did you mean: 

Moving - downgrade account to email only

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Moving - downgrade account to email only

Hi @Susie_1010 

I'm sorry to see you've decided to leave us, however once your account closes we'll then reactivate it into an email only account which will enable you to recreate your mailboxes at plus.net/email. This should automatically restore your mail, but if it doesn't we'll be able to arrange to restore the mail you had at the time of the cancellation.

Any emails received between the cancellation completing and the mailbox recreated would bounce back to the sender.

Hope this helps. Feel free to let us know if anything goes wrong and we'll be happy to check up on the progress.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
toggie101
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Moving - downgrade account to email only

Hi @Susie_1010 

All my emails were still there, altho' I needed to set a few settings back to how they were originally (Catch-all, etc.).

I collect mail using the older POP3 protocol, so have all my emails stored on my computer (but also keep copies on Plusnet's mail server for a belt & braces backup - my mail app deletes them from the server after a set period of time has elapsed).

If you access your email via IMAP it would be a good idea to ensure you also download them to a computer before the change over, so should anything go awry you won't lose them.