cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving address - semi urgent

lethaltoast

Moving address - semi urgent

I need some help with contacting plusnet regarding my service to be moved to a new address. The person I was living with has recently passed away so I am moving back in with my mother next door. However, I cannot contact plusnet via phone as my new house does not have currently have a phone line, and I have no other way of contacting plusnet to talk to them about the situation.
What do I do?
Thanks in advance, any help will be appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Moving address - semi urgent

A question
Is the broadband/phone in the present property in your name or the deceased
If in your name is that phone still live and if so can you use it
If in the name of the deceased and the line is being discontinued then your best bet is to sign up as a new customer which will get some lovely discounts
lethaltoast

It's in his name, but I am currently paying for it and I presume I still have some time left on my contract, so buying a second package for my new residence would be a financial drain.
I was possibly wondering if if would be possible for my service to be moved to my new residence next door, ideally. Not sure how to go about that
snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Are you able to use the Plusnet Help Assistant part of their website? http://help.plus.net/
Clicking on "Customer Services", then "Moving Home" opens a new window/tab suggesting you ring them.  But if you close that window/tab, the previous page now shows a link to "Ask the Support Team your question".  (This is called opening a question/ticket.)
This opens a text box for you to type in.  As long as you include your new address and the date you want the transfer to take place, this should be sufficient.  (It's best to give Plusnet 2 or 3 weeks notice.)  I suggest you make it clear that you want responses by email - NOT by phone because you don't have access to one.  In theory, all responses will be available in the "Help Assistant" > "View all my open questions" page of the website.
I hope this helps.
lethaltoast

I submitted a question, now I guess i'll just have to wait for a response. Thank you very much for your help, both of you.
snozboz
Rising Star

Quote from: lethaltoast
It's in his name, but I am currently paying for it

One step you might be able to take, while waiting for the response to your question, is to change the account contact details and payment details.  I assume you have the account username and password, so you should be able to login at the Member Centre http://portal.plus.net.  From there click on "Account Details" on the left hand column.  Then "Edit Details" or "Payment Details".  This is in effect the "billing address" for the account, not necessarily the address and phone number where the broadband is supplied - so changing things here won't move the broadband service.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I may be wrong but I think that there are special arrangements/dispensation where the account holder has died
This may be clarified here on Monday - I will flag this up for staff as it is a tricky one
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi lethaltoast,
First of all, I'm really sorry for your loss.
I've got one of the chaps from the Customer Options Team to get in touch with you to discuss what we can do for you. I can't see a problem with getting the services moved over to a different address, however, we'll discuss that in more detail with you over the phone.
If you've a mobile number we can contact you on, feel free to add this to the ticket you've raised on your account.
snozboz
Rising Star

Quote from: Chris
we'll discuss that in more detail with you over the phone.
If you've a mobile number we can contact you on, feel free to add this to the ticket you've raised on your account.

As the OP said
Quote from: lethaltoast
I cannot contact plusnet via phone as my new house does not have currently have a phone line, and I have no other way of contacting plusnet to talk to them

it sounds like you (or a member of the Customer Options Team) won't be able to speak on the phone.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Quote from: Chris

We'll contact via the ticket system which should send an e-mail notification. If the OP adds a mobile number it'll make things easier to discuss.